Looking to get into it.

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
racevws
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Looking to get into it.

Post by racevws »

I am a guy with a LOT of hobbies. I actually want to start a little side hustle to pay for my hobbies. I am pretty new to CAD, and I am looking to buy a plasma table. I think I am going to buy a hypertherm 45XP, and then buy a Crossfire Pro (I would like to spend more, but I need to make sure I can pay off the initial 'investment' first.

I will throw my lot in with the appox. 40 million other '4x4' shops out there, focusing mostly on Toyota Land Cruiser modifications, but will also make custom clocks and stuff for realtors for housewarming gifts, etc. I have some stuff around the house I want to do, but mostly just screw around and make custom bumpers for my Land Cruiser and see if anyone wants to by a "DIY" kit.

Anyway, anyone who has feedback on any Langmuir system can let me know. I would love a shop sabre, but I don't have space or money. Once I pay off my initial table, I will likely sell it and upgrade if I have the need. Will def get the THC option. I will post more on this in the main forum after some searches.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Looking to get into it.

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, many DIY/hobby types here and many Langmuir table owners too. You can look at past post by using the search function in the upper right. If you are a paid member you can download all the files supplied here, And you can go back years to fill your library with great projects. When asking questions place them in the category they fit for quicker answers
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

Awesome another 4x4 shop, but bonus points for Toyota love!
Welcome!
I started with an OG LM table then jumped to a 4x8 SuperB 4 months in...now looking at a 5x10 SuperB.
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
racevws
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by racevws »

I'm super stoked and will get on with the search function ASAP. Thanks
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Welcome to the Forum! Langmuir makes some great cutting tables, and you most certainly can't go wrong with the Hypertherm 45xp, particularly using the Hypertherm FineCut consumables for 10 ga. and thinner steel material. I own and use both the 45xp and Powermax 85 and they have both served me well for over 5 years now. Many of the Langmuir owners use Fusion 360 for cad/cam. Inkscape is another good option, particularly for artistic type work. Good luck with your new "side hustle".
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”