new guy

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
don@productivesm.com
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

new guy

Post by don@productivesm.com »

Hi everyone,
I have had a plasma table for 15 years. I have a sheet metal shop and want to start getting into more creative metal work. I have a Cybermation 700 powered by a hypertherm 45 and am looking to upgrade my table. Any word of advice as to what table recommendations would be great.
Thanks
Don
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: new guy

Post by djreiswig »

Welcome Don. I am very happy with my StarLab table. Highly recommend them. Great company to work with.
https://starlabcnc.com/
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Hi Don - welcome to the forum! I own and use the Plasmacam DHC2 4x4 cutting table (actually two of them plus a stand-alone Plasmacam rotary pipe/tube cutter). Most of these table brands are adequate for cnc plasma cutting, and the main differentiator (in my mind) is the software - and that is where Plasmacam with their Design Edge software really shines. Plasmacam also manufactures the Sampson 510 table (5x10 size) for those seeking a larger footprint capable of handling full sheets without manual indexing.

I would encourage you to order the free Plasmacam Demo package with video so that you may better understand the full capabilities of this table/software package. Here it the link to order your package. They are generally very quick about sending these out and you should receive your package within a few days of ordering.

David

https://www.plasmacam.com/demovideo.php
Plasmacam demo video 1.jpg
Plasmacam demo video 2.jpg
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Be aware that once PlasmaCam has your address, they will continue to send you their catalogs for years.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

djreiswig wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:06 am Be aware that once PlasmaCam has your address, they will continue to send you their catalogs for years.
In the 5+ years that I have owned my Plasmacam tables, I have received maybe 5 mailings from them in total. Several of these were to send me updated Video Manuals on CD, one was an updated CD for Design Edge installation, and one was from their parent company Shop Outfitters, and was basically a nice coffee table style book/catalog titled: Shop Outfitters Metalworking Projects and Plans Book. This is a very nice book, close to 200 pages with glossy pages and spiral bound - with tons of great ideas for projects. This is normally a $40 item, and to have them send it for free was a real bonus! So I am not complaining one bit. I have not received any junk mail from Plasmacam.

On the other hand - once Harbor Freight, Eastwood, MSC Supply, Northern Tool, U-line, Grizzly, etc. have your address, they will typically send out mailings periodically as well. Some of these have useful information, and some go directly into the recycle container.

But I get it - some folks (generally uninformed) are intimidated by the Plasmacam tables/software and feel they are either too advanced or too complex so as to be beyond their comfort zone (intellectually so to speak). On the other hand, my personal experience tells me otherwise.

David

https://shopoutfitters.com/product/2-mp ... -2-tables/
shop outfitters 1.jpg
shop outfitters 2.jpg
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

Hi Don, I would give great consideration to LDR Motion Systems. I researched tables for years before purchasing. I have been running my LDR for 9 years and it is still going strong. My research led me away from tables with proprietary software as you then are basically a slave to them, smaller user base for information, etc.
Some guys do very well with those tables and are happy, others not so much.
Good Luck with your purchase.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”