Hello from Alberta!

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
corefabjonah
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from Alberta!

Post by corefabjonah »

Hello!

I have been lurking in this forum for a little while now, so I figured it was time to join!

I am one of the owners, and shop manager for Core Fabrication Inc. up here in Calgary Alberta, Canada. We are a fab shop specializing in heavy truck outfitting, trailer manufacturing, and custom fabrication. We are running a FastCut CNC Icon Elite 5x10 downdraft table with a Hypertherm Powermax 125 handling the cutting and Fusion 360 for all of our design work. Due to the nature of our work we have cut everything from 20g stainless steel up to 1.5" steel plate on our table with great success. The combination of our CNC table, along with our CNC press brake allows us to really streamline design and remove hours of labor from jobs!

I've been running CNC tables for nearly 10 years now, so I'm happy to be a part of this forum and contribute as well.

Thanks,

Jonah
Attachments
IMG_9236.jpeg
IMG_7686.jpeg
IMG_0324.jpeg
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello from Alberta!

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Jonah nice setup you have, how did you etch the serial plate, I assume it is stainless.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

That wide angle lens makes that 5x10 look like a 5x20!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Jason@bc
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Jason@bc »

Nice cut on the plate! Looks like you run a good show. This forum has helped me a lot and given me a lot of ideas, hope you find it the same.
corefabjonah
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by corefabjonah »

acourtjester wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:50 pm Welcome aboard Jonah nice setup you have, how did you etch the serial plate, I assume it is stainless.
Thank you! That was done with the easy scriber! I’ve had a bit of difficulty getting that set up, and find it really shows any slop in the gantry. Looking at moving to laser etching in the future.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Nice work on both the thick part with the square edges as well as the engraving. It looks like you've got a first class setup there.
Keep up the good work.
David
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by sonbakler »

corefabjonah wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:49 pm Thank you! That was done with the easy scriber! I’ve had a bit of difficulty getting that set up, and find it really shows any slop in the gantry. Looking at moving to laser etching in the future.
Nice setup! Looking at that scribed name plate I would say things look pretty tight! Welcome to the forum :Like
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

sonbakler wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:46 am
corefabjonah wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:49 pm Thank you! That was done with the easy scriber! I’ve had a bit of difficulty getting that set up, and find it really shows any slop in the gantry. Looking at moving to laser etching in the future.
Nice setup! Looking at that scribed name plate I would say things look pretty tight! Welcome to the forum :Like
I agree! It looks like the table is nice and tight. I did some engraving once with my diy engraver mount and the letters didn't match up - not due to any slop with my Plasmacam table, but because of my poor design of the engraver mount. I later upgraded to one of the Plasmacam Engraving Attachment and everything is great. I've had the EasyScriber for my Hypertherm Duramax torch for several year now, but haven't yet had occasion to use it. But the sample Jonah posted goes to show how nice it works when set up correctly.
David
Wendle
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Wendle »

Welcome and ask any questions you may have.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”