New to CNC Plasma

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
RAYZORcut
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

New to CNC Plasma

Post by RAYZORcut »

My name is Ray ,from Ontario Canada, I own a 4'x8' R-Tech CNC table with a Prime Weld Cut 60, upgraded stepper motors for the router attachment as well. Have not cut anything with it, I have only been drawing with a pen plotter attachment I made for it, Auto Cad/ Sheet Cam/ Mach3 are the programs running on it. Still need to add/make water table, hope to gain some knowledgable CNC info from the folk on plasmaspider and make some new friends along the way. Cheers all, hope to talk to yous soon.
RAYZORcut
table.JPG
table.JPG (106.25 KiB) Viewed 345 times
plasma.JPG
plasma.JPG (68.38 KiB) Viewed 345 times
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to CNC Plasma

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Ray Many here to help with any questions, lots of files to download for fun or projects. You can use the search function to have a quick look around (in the upper right). Nice looking air dryer on the wall too. You have a very good start, pen plotter is a great help for seeing how things will cut with out burning metal. :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Welcome to the forum Ray! That's a great looking setup you have there. I started out the same way back when I first got my Plasmacam table - I used a makeshift sharpie pen holder and did drawing instead of cutting while I was getting the program and machine figured out. I made a combination water table/draft system for mine to keep the smoke and dust out of the shop. I will look forward to seeing some of you projects once you get up and cutting.

David
RAYZORcut
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by RAYZORcut »

Thank you for the welcoming! Looking forward to chatting.

RAYZORCut
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome! Nice tidy looking setup. Love seeing the shop pics :Like

Return to “Introduce Yourself”