New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
robotisgood
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by robotisgood »

Thanks for letting me join. I am a High School Engineering Teacher and Robotics Coach. Both VEX and FRC. I have had my 4x4 Plasma Cam table for some time. Still running Windows 98 on the dedicated computer. The current room has a wood floor and no easy assess to 220 V. So we mounted a router in it and use it a lot as a gantry-style CNC mill.

I have relied on my students to use and troubleshoot the machine, but just as they get good at it they graduate. I need to improve my knowledge and skill level on the machine.

We have an extensive list of other machines:
Epilog Laser
Haas TM-1P Mill
Lathe
Tormach 440 Mill
Two conventional Vertical mills
6 Taz 6 3D Printers
Vacuum Former
Wazer Water Jet
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome to the site. Great to know that students are still interested in this type of work. Enjoy the site, lots to see.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard Robotis! That older Plasmacam is still a great machine, and they work well for light duty routing. Also great for engraving - wood, metal, etc. It sounds like you've got a full blown machine shop there, and those 3D printers are fun as well. What different software programs are your students using to create their designs and g-code? Please feel free to share some photos of some or you current and/or past projects.

David
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Welcome!!

I have some YouTube videos that might be of help on your journey - link in my signature. I'm fortunate here in Oklahoma that the state has me put on a workshop for their VoAg instructors since they have so many of these tables in their programs. If I can ever be of help just give me a shout.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”