High School Teacher Learning the Ropes

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
MissHope
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

High School Teacher Learning the Ropes

Post by MissHope »

Hey all,

I am in my second year teaching Agricultural Education here in Colorado. I inherited a PlasmaCam 4x4 table that I am trying to get up and running. My tech department is not quite sure how to help me, so I am figuring it out as I go! I do have experience on the design and cutting side of things, but I am mucking my way through getting all of the correct hardware installed.

Wish me luck!

P.S. If you have any hardware/installation pointers or resources send them my way! (I have DesignEdge Model DHC and a manual, I'm just struggling with cords, connections, etc).

Miss Hope
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: High School Teacher Learning the Ropes

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome to the site! Plenty of PlasmaCam savy folks here who I am sure are able to help you out. Is there a specific connection your struggling with?
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

You have a DHC table. What software are you running? The old PlasmaCAM 3.11 or the newer DesignEdge v. 4.xx ?

What plasma cutter do you have to run with the table, and has it already been wired TO run with the table, or are you beginning from scratch?

Does the plasma torch have a hand torch or a machine torch mounted to the table?

Have you been able to do ANY design work with the software, or cutting with the table?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Feel free to email me or give me a call.
Robert@490Creations.com
918-457-0289

I teach classes here in Oklahoma as an in-service paid for by the state as well as private classes. I'm happy to help any way I can to get you up and going.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! What particular connection/hardware issues are you wanting help with? I own a DHC2, but the DHC connection is very similar. I would recommend Robert Johnson as the definitive expert source of all things Plasmacam. If you haven't already done so, then also have a look at the Plasmacam Video Manual for answers to many of your questions.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”