New Member Teacher From Michigan

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
dkiehler
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New Member Teacher From Michigan

Post by dkiehler »

I have been reading your forums for a while but I just signed up contributing member. I am a high school Machine Tool and Mechanical Design teacher in Romeo Michigan. I purchased a Premier Plasma table with a Hypertherm 65 sync last spring and have been slowly trying to get it figured out and teach my students about g-code and how to use the plasma table. I have been making things for around the school and just finished making over a 100 personalized signs for the other teachers at our high school for teacher appreciation week. I will post some pictures of some of the projects that my students and I have made so far this year soon.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Member Teacher From Michigan

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! As a mechanical engineer and "machinist" myself, I can appreciate these skills that you are attempting to impart to your students. You have a great setup there as far as your table and plasma cutter. What software are you and your students using to create your drawings and your g-code? Please do share some photos of your setup and some of your work when you get a chance. Also let us know if you or any of your students have specific questions and we will try to answer them.

David
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Member Teacher From Michigan

Post by TJS »

Welcome.
I have two kids in school and every year during the holidays I must cut what feels like 20 plus personalized ornaments for my kid's teachers. The teachers ask my kids "where did you get these". They state, "I made them with my Dad".
Again, welcome. I have learned so much from this forum. If it were not for this forum, I would still be struggling with a straight-line test.
T.J.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”