Newbie here to learn.

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Buck4t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Newbie here to learn.

Post by Buck4t »

Hi All.

Im new to the cnc plasma world so here to gain as much knowledge as possible.
Just a hobbyist at home in the garage working on my own personal projects. I bought my new 4x4 table on a whim after seeing a demo at a show. It will be used mainly for custom vehicle brackets etc but would like to have a go at the more arty side of things.

Having a quick look at the site it's abit overwhelming ๐Ÿ˜…

Thanks
Chris
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie here to learn.

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome Chris. It can be a little overwhelming at first, have you had an opportunity to try cutting anything yet?
Buck4t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Buck4t »

Hi. Thank you.
Yes I've cut a few basic brackets that work for what I needed. The cut looked OK to me but I don't know what I'm looking at yet ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
I've had the table for over 12 months and maybe cut 20 things on it. It's not used often so what i do pick up I forget by the next time I use it ๐Ÿซฃ
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome Buck4T lots of file here to download in the arty stuff, many fun and gift type files. You can use the search function in the upper right for a good look around. I mean fire pits, wall hanger, monogram plaques, yard art, the list goes on. You can also attach other optional tools to your table for more fun, router, drag knife, diamond scribe, ect. Here is a project I just finished, some time back I did a metal wall hanger, first image then layered 1/4" MDF. Epoxy coated last image :Yay
DSCN1991.JPG
DSCN0280.JPG
DSCN0281.JPG
DSCN0279.JPG
DSCN0284.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Buck4t wrote: โ†‘Fri May 19, 2023 4:24 am Hi All.

Im new to the cnc plasma world so here to gain as much knowledge as possible.
Just a hobbyist at home in the garage working on my own personal projects. I bought my new 4x4 table on a whim after seeing a demo at a show. It will be used mainly for custom vehicle brackets etc but would like to have a go at the more arty side of things.

Having a quick look at the site it's abit overwhelming ๐Ÿ˜…

Thanks
Chris
Welcome aboard Chris! What brand plasma table and plasma cutter did you buy, and what design/cam software are you using (or learning to use)? That's the reason I purchased my Plasmacam DHC2 4x4 table a few years back as well - to cut brackets and such for some of my automotive projects. I also cut some artistic pieces for holiday gifts, and occasional projects for friends. Feel free to share some photos of your shop setup and some of your projects as we would love to see what you are up to.

David
Buck4t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Buck4t »

acourtjester wrote: โ†‘Fri May 19, 2023 10:41 pm Welcome Buck4T lots of file here to download in the arty stuff, many fun and gift type files. You can use the search function in the upper right for a good look around. I mean fire pits, wall hanger, monogram plaques, yard art, the list goes on. You can also attach other optional tools to your table for more fun, router, drag knife, diamond scribe, ect. Here is a project I just finished, some time back I did a metal wall hanger, first image then layered 1/4" MDF. Epoxy coated last image :Yay
DSCN1991.JPG
DSCN0280.JPG
DSCN0281.JPG
DSCN0279.JPG
DSCN0284.JPG
Thank you. That looked like a fun project.. I've had a quick look at some of the arty stuff. There's some talented people. I'm sure I'll get there in the end it'll just take time.
Buck4t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Buck4t »

adbuch wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2023 1:03 am

Welcome aboard Chris! What brand plasma table and plasma cutter did you buy, and what design/cam software are you using (or learning to use)? That's the reason I purchased my Plasmacam DHC2 4x4 table a few years back as well - to cut brackets and such for some of my automotive projects. I also cut some artistic pieces for holiday gifts, and occasional projects for friends. Feel free to share some photos of your shop setup and some of your projects as we would love to see what you are up to.

David
Thanks David.
I bought an Xtreme Plasma 4x4 table with an R-tec P50 plasma cutter, PriceCNC THC and an air dryer. The software I've been using for the little bits I've done is emachineshop for the brackets I've made and inkscape when I had a play with the beizer pen. Then through Sheetcam and Mach3.

I'm more than willing to post some pics of my setup but haven't figured out how to attach pics....... any tips?

Thanks
Chris
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

step 1.jpg
step 2.jpg
step 3.jpg
step 4.jpg
step 5.jpg
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

step 6.jpg
step 7.jpg
step 8.jpg
step 9.jpg
Buck4t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Buck4t »

adbuch wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2023 3:50 am step 1.jpgstep 2.jpgstep 3.jpgstep 4.jpgstep 5.jpg
Thank you.. I'll give it a try
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Buck4t wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2023 6:01 am
adbuch wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2023 3:50 am step 1.jpgstep 2.jpgstep 3.jpgstep 4.jpgstep 5.jpg
Thank you.. I'll give it a try
You are quite welcome! I hope to see some photos soon.
David
Buck4t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Buck4t »

adbuch wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2023 1:03 am

David
Here's a few simple bits I've cut upto now. 3mm & 5mm (if I remember correctly) mild steel alternator bracket for a hot rod and a 1.3mm Aluminium medal holder for my daughter.

Chris
Attachments
Screenshot_20230520_200945_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230520_200905_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230519_150049_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230519_150023_Photos.jpg
Buck4t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Buck4t »

Ive had try with stainless too. It's a bracket to hold an elecrtic fan to a radiator. Although it was good enought for its purpose I think it could be better with some tweaks.

Chris
Attachments
Screenshot_20230520_202516_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230520_202446_Photos.jpg
Buck4t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Buck4t »

And finally my a pic of my setup.

Chris
Attachments
Screenshot_20230520_202324_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20230520_202646_Photos.jpg
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Chris - thanks for the photos of your work and shop with plasma table. The Xtreme Plasma 4x4 table is one I had not heard of before. I see they are based in the UK, as I assume you are as well. Those look like some pretty nice cuts to me, and very functional parts as well. Nice work!!

David

The frame and cutting grate design look very similar to the Plasmacam 4x4 tables.
xtreme plasma table.jpg

Return to โ€œIntroduce Yourselfโ€