New user and new "used" PlasmaCam table

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
REFlynn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New user and new "used" PlasmaCam table

Post by REFlynn »

Hello all, I will probably ask many questions on here for a while, till I get up and going. Current issue, design edge is not detecting machine, the controller is on and pause is flashing?????
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New user and new "used" PlasmaCam table

Post by rdj357 »

Welcome!

Make sure there are no errors in the Windows Device Manager for your parallel port (LPT). Open the properties for the LPT and make sure it is set to ‘Use any available interrupt’ and ‘Enable Legacy Plug and Play.’ Then go to its resource tab and make note of the first 4 digit hex address. Close that and in Design Edge go to System Setup settings, uncheck the Auto configure and enter the hex address in the top box. Check the auto box back and then try to detect machine. Hopefully that will get it detected, be sure to click OK to get out of settings to save those changes and see if it will initialize.

If that doesn’t work then we’ll need to talk about what kind of parallel port adapter and cable you have and take some other steps.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New user and new "used" PlasmaCam table

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard REFlynn! All of my Plasmacam tables have always connected using Automatically configure port, Detect Machine. Maybe I was lucky. I have always used the StarTech parallel port cards and have never had a communication issue. I do use the shielded parallel port cable purchased directly from Plasmacam. I'm pretty sure that Robert sells similar cables, as well as the top quality Axxon parallel port cards. He will be a good source for you for both diagnostic help and parts for your table.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”