How to use easyscriber

All topics related specifically to the EasyScriber drag style scribe & engraving tool.
brandon1566
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

How to use easyscriber

Post by brandon1566 »

I cant seem to figure out how to program the plasma table to use the scriber. I'm using inkscape, sheetcam and mach 3. Cam someone walk me through the process
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: How to use easyscriber

Post by acourtjester »

You can use a router post processor as you do not need a pierce operation. I set it up to move down in the tool section about 0.050" and set the Z so its touching the metal at the start and zero out the Z DRO. This way the rapid will move the scribe up to move to the start location then drop down to start the marking under G-code control. If that's to light set it to 0.100" for marking
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
brandon1566
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by brandon1566 »

I'll give that a shot, how do you program it to do parallel lines. Say you were writing a name and you wanted it wider than 1 scribe line. Thank you for your help
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

This is one way but may not give the result you want, if you are using Inkscape After typing you letters. Remove the fill and reduce the stroke to about 0.005", then under the path drop down menu click on either "Linked offset" or "Dynamic Offset". This will but a surrounding line on the letters with a small square on the line. Put your mouse cursor on the square and move it slightly. Do not release the mouse until you have positioned the outer line how you want it. There may be a command as to a increment distance but I don't know it.
offset.JPG
offset.JPG (28.22 KiB) Viewed 814 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
brandon1566
1 Star Member
1 Star Member