hypertherm 65 Error 30

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
conradestrada
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

hypertherm 65 Error 30

Post by conradestrada »

I keep getting an error 30 and all my consumables are new. No air no cut no nothing. I keep hitting test and it will finally come on. Any idea what would cause this?
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm 65 Error 30

Post by jimcolt »

The error code 0-30 means that the torch consumables are stuck. The electrode has to move freely (it is spring loaded) inside the torch in order to get the pilot arc started. Check the following:

-Check the consumables to ensure they are properly installed. Inspect the nozzle and electrode for wear...there is a section in your operators manual describing consumables inspection. If there is any doubt, replace with new consumables.

-check the swirl ring for signs of obvious damage....replace with a new one if you are unsure. The electrode must slide freely inside the swirl ring...a burr or a crack or a piece of debris can hinder its operation.

-Ensure that you have adequate air pressure and flow at the rear inslet to the plasma. Pressure must be between 90 and 135 psi when the air is flowing at the torch. If you are reading the pressure 50' away...there could be a restriction between the gauge and the plasma. The air hose must be 3/8" diameter...at lengths up to 50 feet, and 1/2" diameter for longer lengths.

-Ensure that your torch pressure (output pressure) is in automatic mode, and that your front panel selector switch is in the cut mode.

Keep me posted....you can also contact Hypertherm's technical service department directly. It is free and the techs are very helpful. The phone number is in your operators manual.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Also...the 0-30 error will need to be cleared (after changing consumables as an example). Hitting the test button will not clear it...it must be cleared by powering the plasma off, then back on. This is a safety circuit to kill any voltage in the torch, and to disallow the torch from firing as soon as you put it back together.

Jim Colt
conradestrada

Post by conradestrada »

I have 125 psi in a 1" rigid line up to the plasma it goes through a dryer and is 125 psi on the out side of the dryer a 15' 3/8 flex to the rear of the plasma. I put new consumables to include the swirl ring, electrode, nozzle and shield. Still doesn't work. I turn off walk away for 30 mins. come back and it fires right up. If I use it in the morning first thing less issues. If I leave it on and don't turn off walk away come back still does not function?
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

My point was...you need to check the pressure directly at the plasma inlet, after your plumbing....with the air flowing at the torch. The pressure at your 1" line is irrelevent....the pressure at the inlet to the plasma after any and all plumbing...with air flowing at the torch is what the inside pressure transducer measures.

Your air system is likely ok....but to troubleshoot you must follow the steps. There still could be another issue inside the power supply...or in the torch itself. Hypertherm's tech service department is there just for thes types of circumstances.

Jim Colt

conradestrada wrote:I have 125 psi in a 1" rigid line up to the plasma it goes through a dryer and is 125 psi on the out side of the dryer a 15' 3/8 flex to the rear of the plasma. I put new consumables to include the swirl ring, electrode, nozzle and shield. Still doesn't work. I turn off walk away for 30 mins. come back and it fires right up. If I use it in the morning first thing less issues. If I leave it on and don't turn off walk away come back still does not function?

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”