Tracker Flame Detection and THC Questions

Tracker CNC plasma table discussion forum
dtdetail
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Tracker Flame Detection and THC Questions

Post by dtdetail »

So I’ve got a 4x8 tracker Protable with a powermax 65, machine torch.
I have 2 ongoing issues;
1- flame out detect is not working. Starts the cut and ends it immediately. If I flick off flame out detect and leave THC and PHC on it works fine, but I’d like to get the flame out detect working so I don’t have to watch it the whole time.
2- pierce and torch hight control inconsistent. If I go to cut a part, let’s say with 10 pierces, it’l do the first few without a problem, and then the torch will not plunge down over the next pierce and start tracing the part 2” above the workpiece with the arc on. Then after that, it won’t get back down the the workpiece for the rest of the program, just jerk down a little but not far enough to touch the workpiece and fire up the arc again.

I’ve tried to get ahold of tracker a few times now for the problem but it’s been radio silence, if anyone has any tips or places to start poking around to troubleshoot please let me know! Thank you!!
Attachments
B5B06B88-684B-467B-8A7B-5E7C7D1493AA.jpeg
7A7AE375-0260-446C-9741-BA8E9A04C228.jpeg
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Ongoing Tracker problems

Post by adbuch »

Have you tried cutting with thc turned off? If your material is flat and level, then you could set your cut height and pierce height and test to see if it maintains your set cut height. I'm not sure why your plasma arc would extinguish unless you are attempting to cut over an open space with no material under the torch. From your photo is certainly looks like the cut height is way too high, and hence not cutting thru your material. I am not familiar with your table, so these are just a few ideas that might help you.
David
dtdetail
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dtdetail »

Thanks adbuch,
That partial cut was me screwing with settings after it faulted.
The arc always fires no matter what, the issue is that after the first couple pierces, the torch raises up to transfer to the next cut point but instead of plunging down to the material, it only moves down about an inch and the lights up the arc.
Yes, i could just turn all the controls off, but i paid a pretty penny to have these functions and would like to see them work out.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I had never even heard of a tracker until your post, so I am not familiar with the machine, controller, or control software. I know you picked it up used back several months ago from your introductory post. Did it come with any manuals or other documentation? Perhaps the previous owner could help you (or not). We would need to know more about your specific hardware, machine setup, and control software to try to make an attempt to help you. Perhaps you could share more information.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I did find a website for Tracker. It's too bad they don't have a support forum like Plasmacam, Langmuir, and some of the others do. Sure could come in handy when you get in a bind such as you are currently experiencing.

http://52.60.106.172/protable.html
tracker contact info.jpg
You might consider joining their Facebook Group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562571450525974/
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Haven't worked with one of those in a while but your problem 1 is likely more of tuning issue than a problem. There is a number you can tweak in settings for flame out detect and this number relates to a number of steps the stepper motor takes before a flame out is detected and the machien is paused. Lets say your number is 25 the system will pause the machine if it moves 25 steps without arc voltage being detected. If your number is too low you get false trips which is what your seeing, if your number is too high you may have a small section of your profile uncut before it pauses. Start at 100 and bring that down lower until you get false trips again then increase it a little.

Problem 2 should be fairly simple to resolve. The Z axis motor floats on those and it sounds like it is in contact with your limit switch so it thinks it has touched the material when really the motor is just stuck against the switch so it fires in mid air. There are 2 nuts that hold the motor to the lifter, loosen those 1/8" of a turn and be sure the lifter isn't full of dust and debrie preventing the motor from moving in its mounting slots.

Return to “Tracker CNC Forum”