Experiences with Fastcut

FastCut CNC plasma table discussion forum
stretch561
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Experiences with Fastcut

Post by stretch561 »

Im wondering the same thing has anyone used one before. I just talked to Brian from there and he sounded like a cool guy. Telling me that they compete with torchmate and there small machines like the Nitro competes with there $75,000 G6 or any other big dog machine. They arent a lack of quality poepl and that they want good rbusiness with not selling crap. I just want to hear other poeples thoughts on this brand thinking about getting one. Let me know if theres anyone out there please with thoughts.
jim
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: FASTCUT CNC Plasma Cutting Tables

Post by jim »

I am also looking for info on the fastcut plasma cutters. We are looking to add a second table in our new shop when its finished. I talked to brian in BC. He was talking about the Icon pro .Sounds like a good machine and at only $24995. that sounds even better. But how solid is the machine. The G-6 machine is $45000. but looks a lot more solid. If any one has either machine and would like to share any info it would be appreciated.
Jim(murals in metal)
Pyro
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Pyro »

Koike Aronson CNC Plasma and Oxy/Fuel Cutting Table
I operate a MatergraphII Millenneum series table for a global manufacturer. Even though it is a smaller table (8'x14' effectictive cutting area), it does the work of much larger tables. Even an old dog like me is able to operate this table to point of changing up the process of parts cutting because of the precision of 0.003" of the CNC precision plasma and the oxy/fuel torch cutting high carbon steels of up to 7.5" daily. The whole package is light years ahead of the ESAB table it replaced. All support for the various components have been excellent. It is a very stout machine and I work the dog out of it up to 12 hours a day and six days a week. It doesn't get tired even though I do. :D
Bigrhamr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bigrhamr »

I've got a Fastcut G-5. Bought it used from a bank so I couldn't tell you what Fastcut is like to deal with. The electronics and software are by Dynatorch and they have been very helpful with any questions I've asked them, plus they are constantly updating and improving the software. Mine is a 5'x10' with a water table, belt drive on x and y. It's a stout machine, the table is all 4"x8"x.188 steel tube and the gantry is 4"x6"x.250 aluminum. The x belt drives are enclosed in the side rails so nothing sticks up over the table and you can drive the gantry off the cutting area for loading full 5x10 sheets. I'm just getting started with it, so far so good and if anybody is interested I'll post an update in a few weeks when I have some more miles on it.
plasmaguy
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by plasmaguy »

I think the table is reasonably well made. You will find the odd stripped screw mostly in the aluminum parts. They don't utilize keen certs. There is definately some brains behind this machine. The son is a good fabricator. The old man unfortunately comes across as a good guy. The guys at Dynatorch have been very helpful. The guys back east that are the service depot for these "Smart Motors," are expensive. Try and deal directly with Anamatics in California. Ensure that this machine is grounded extremely well. Through your shop electrical system is not good enough. Install at least a 12 foot lightening rod next to the machine and ground everything to that. When it is powered off you can move the gantry manually but unfortunately it creates voltage that can damage the "Smart Motors." There are no "shunts" in the controller that can take care of this voltage spike. Never move the gantry manually. The controller can be modified. Contact the Dynatorch engineer who is a great guy. Hope this helps.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

Well I had first hand look at there product, I went to FastCut and had a demo on there ICON PRO.. I was very impressed with this table.. I have to say the Guys there are great. I dropped in on them a day earlier than I was suppose to and they where just running threw the setup on a new table they just finished. They use top quailty parts..There table was a lot sturdier than I thought it would be, nice well thought out design! I am pretty sure there will be a table parked in my shop!
If one ends up in my shop I will post some pics and give full review!
Thanks Dennis
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

Hello everyone i recently purchased a 4x8 icon from fastcut i am completly green to running these things i searched the web for months looking at different tables from various mfg's and when i stumbled upon fastcut and seen the overall machine i was convinced that this is the one i want. So I called them up for a qoute and was sold on the spot :o i drove up to kamloops BC and they put me and my fiance in a jaccuzi sweet for two nights trained us on the basics of the machine packed it up and brought it home so far i am really really happy with my choice. I am still waiting for my new machine torch and finish the water table and i am convinced i will be making trouble free parts and designs in no time 8-) this is also my first post on this forum but definately not my last as i am probably gonna need as much help as i can get :?: I will also get some pics of my table posted ASAP 8-)
Krazy Kutz metal designs
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

jon
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jon »

Hey guys i bought there new icon 4x8 8 also and im very happy with it and the guys in kamloops have been very helpful getting me started. i am very green to these machines and they have spent alot of there own time with me over the phone getting me going. i highly recommend them!
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Experiences with Fastcut

Post by Dustan »

well its been awhile since i got my table runnin so i thought i better follow up on what i think of my icon 4x8 i now run a a60 thermal dynamics on it and other than me not still completly understanding everything this thing absolutly one sweet machine it runs great just searching for a wireless controller that fastcut has made work on the table but not having any luck finding one but ya If there is anyone out there that wants to start makin some cool products out of metal this is the machine for you(and its all peerty alumminum it looks awesome in my shop 8-) bottom line is there is no better machine for its cost its value is threw the roof :o
Krazy Kutz metal designs

Return to “FastCut CNC Forum”