Need help with Mach 3 Fastcut Table

FastCut CNC plasma table discussion forum
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Need help with Mach 3 Fastcut Table

Post by bzzboyz »

I have a Fastcut icon 4x8 with Mach 3. Today in the middle of a run I could not move my x or y with the arrows keys on the keypad and could not move my torch height with the page up and page down keys. Not sure what happened but right now Fastcut is closed till the 1st so I have no way of knowing what went wrong and I have a lot of cutting to do on 3/8 material. I can't move the torch forward or back to zero it out or raise or lower the torch. I have to start a cut, stop it, reference x and y and stop it as close as possible to where I need it. I then re-start Mach 3 and I have to move the material to where the torch is. Not an easy task with 4x8x3/8". My question is, is there any way to move the torch with the mouse from the computer instead of the keyboard? Is there someway to move them on the Mach 3 program without the use of the arrow keys? Any help would be appreciated. Unlike Fastcut, I'm in no position to take a vacation right now. Gotta love the tech support.

Thanks.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Need help with Mach 3

Post by Dennis »

bzzboyz... try reloading Mach3 ...If your gantry moves with the G code in Mach3 then I dont think its the table issue, its most likely something in the Mach 3 software. Try reinstalling the software... You can move the gantry with Mach3 in manual mode... You will also be able to raise and lower torch height and turn the torch on and off. Make sure you don't forget to hit the reset in Mach 3 :oops: You could also call Mach3 for tech support as Fastcut does not make the program... They just build the tables..

As fas as the guys at Fastcut taking time off , no all manufacturing businesses will open between the Chistmas and New Years... Everyone needs some time off sometime.

If you can't get up and running PM me tomorrow and I will give you my shop # and you can give me a call maybe I can help you out...

Dennis
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

Mach 3 came pre-loaded in the computer that came with my machine. I don't have disc to reload it. How do I get it to manual mode? Will I be able to move the gantry and the torch from the Mach 3 program. I can still turn the torch on and off with the mouse. Everything in the program works. Everything on the table works. The only thing that does not work is the arrow keys and the page up page down keys on the keyboard. I tried a new keyboard as well but that didn't help.
richardlw
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by richardlw »

there are two boxes above the g code screen program run and manual run press the manual run and use mouse to move gantry around
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

Thanks. I'll try that and get back.
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

I would not reload mach if you can help it it will cause more prob. with getting your settings back if you are not familiar with it!

Fix the prob.

When you jog your keys on the keyboard does the dro move in mach on the screen? If it does then the prob. is between the computer and the motors because thier getting a signal to move.

If the jog keys don't move the dro in mach then the keyboard isn't comunicating with the computer maybe the keyboard is unpluged.

There is top left in mach drop down and one tab has hot keys to set any key to whatever jog on the keyboard you want to set it to
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

bogger44 wrote:I would not reload mach if you can help it it will cause more prob. with getting your settings back if you are not familiar with it!

Fix the prob.

When you jog your keys on the keyboard does the dro move in mach on the screen?
NO

If it does then the prob. is between the computer and the motors because thier getting a signal to move.

If the jog keys don't move the dro in mach then the keyboard isn't comunicating with the computer maybe the keyboard is unpluged.
TRIED A DIFFERENT KEYBOARD AND NO CHANGE

There is top left in mach drop down and one tab has hot keys to set any key to whatever jog on the keyboard you want to set it to
DIDN'T WORK
Thanks for the help. I can use the machine, it just takes me three times as long to get everything set up. No change in my actual cut time, just a pain to start off. Guess I'll have to live with that till Monday when I can talk to someone at fastcut.

Happy New year to everyone.
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

does your mouse work? on the keyboard press the tab button it has a flyout to the right of the mach screen and has jog buttons these you can accuate with your mouse to jog the machine or does the keyboard not work at all? I had to switch to a usb keyboard cause the round style quit working on the mother board
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

Does your arrow keys work when you are working out of Mach 3 , can you use them to scroll through a web page.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

You could always load the demo version of Mach 3 from there website and open it and try and see if you can how jog your table.
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

bogger44 wrote:does your mouse work? on the keyboard press the tab button it has a flyout to the right of the mach screen and has jog buttons these you can accuate with your mouse to jog the machine or does the keyboard not work at all? I had to switch to a usb keyboard cause the round style quit working on the mother board

Yes. Mouse works and all keys, including arrows on the the keyboard works fine in other programs like Corel and Turbo Cad.
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

TAB flyout
machtab flyout.gif
mattinspokane
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by mattinspokane »

on your pic of the mac3 screen, the tab "MPG jog mode" is not lit green. click it to green and you will be able to use your keyboard to move table.

Return to “FastCut CNC Forum”