Cutmaster 60i THC - Raw Voltage or Divided Volatge

Langmuir Crossfire, Crossfire Pro, Crossfire XR plasma table discussion forum
MUFOSTAA
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Cutmaster 60i THC - Raw Voltage or Divided Volatge

Post by MUFOSTAA »

Anyone have any experience running a Z-axis with torch height controller on a thermal dynamics machine? I don’t have an interface card and was wanting to run off of direct voltage instead of divided, but I have read there are some issues with constant voltage for arc start purposes preventing the “OK to start” relay. Any thoughts?? Personal experience? Thanks!
MUFOSTAA
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Cutmaster 60i THC

Post by MUFOSTAA »

Also, should I cross post this to the Thermal Dynamics thread? Not sure of rules for cross posting. Thanks!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

You need to match your arc voltage to the requirement of your thc. In most cases, this requires adding a voltage divider (two resistors) to reduce the raw arc voltage to a level compatible with the thc.
David
MUFOSTAA
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by MUFOSTAA »

The THC on the Langmuir Systems has a 50:1 divided option, or a raw voltage option. I’m not much of an electrician, so raw voltage seems more within my capabilities IF it will work
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

MUFOSTAA wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:02 pm The THC on the Langmuir Systems has a 50:1 divided option, or a raw voltage option. I’m not much of an electrician, so raw voltage seems more within my capabilities IF it will work
I would recommend reaching out to Langmuir tech support for a definitive answer to your question.

David

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/support
(833) 526-4797
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I would wire it up for RAW voltage and go with it if your THC will accept it. Quick, easy, cheap and in some cases works better than divided setups. Plasma tables ran RAW voltage for years before divided voltage was a mainstream thing. I doubt you will have any issues but post back and let us know.

Return to “Langmuir Crossfire Forum”