Upgrading to a Pro

Langmuir Crossfire, Crossfire Pro, Crossfire XR plasma table discussion forum
Iowa_Plasma_Nerd
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Upgrading to a Pro

Post by Iowa_Plasma_Nerd »

I pulled the trigger on the original Crossfire but after reading posts here, I decided to upgrade to the Pro. I appreciate the advice I get here. You’re a good group of people!

My one dream is that we could get an additional foot and make this thing a 4x4.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Upgrading to a Pro

Post by cuttinparts »

Yep, always nice to get some real world opinions from guys who have already done what your about to do. I am sure you will be happy. Best of luck with your new system.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Langmuir makes some really nice cutting tables, so I don't think you will be disappointed with your new Crossfire Pro. What software package have you been using with your Crossfire to create your drawings and cut files?
Thanks,
David
Iowa_Plasma_Nerd
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Iowa_Plasma_Nerd »

adbuch wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:44 pm Langmuir makes some really nice cutting tables, so I don't think you will be disappointed with your new Crossfire Pro. What software package have you been using with your Crossfire to create your drawings and cut files?
Thanks,
David
It hasn’t arrived yet so I’m muddling through Fusion360 videos. I took a course in Fusion in 2018 but pretty much forgot everything. I’m considering Sheetcam instead though.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Iowa_Plasma_Nerd wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:23 am
adbuch wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:44 pm Langmuir makes some really nice cutting tables, so I don't think you will be disappointed with your new Crossfire Pro. What software package have you been using with your Crossfire to create your drawings and cut files?
Thanks,
David
It hasn’t arrived yet so I’m muddling through Fusion360 videos. I took a course in Fusion in 2018 but pretty much forgot everything. I’m considering Sheetcam instead though.
Sheetcam is only for your cam (creating g-code cut paths from a vector file - dxf, svg, etc.). You will still need a cad program for your drawings - unless you are planning to only cut "ready to cut" files such as those on this forum, etsy, etc. Even then, you will most likely need to do some editing as in general many of these are not really "cut ready". Inkscape is free, easy and fun to use, and a very powerful drawing/editing package. That would be my recommendation for a cad program to start learning.

David

Return to “Langmuir Crossfire Forum”