Discussion on 0-30 fault codes
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Hypertherm 0-30 Fault Code

Post by cstroke »

Going batty with the 0-30 code.
Hypertherm 85
I'm posting this because I will get to the bottom of it, I've been battling this for a month or so.
I'm a member of a facebook group and have posted this there.
Have a job which requires a ton of pierces 711 in a piece thats 16"ish x 46 ish. 1/2" ar 400 plate.
Anyhow its been a mess lately I cant walk away from the machine.
I've gotten in and adjusted the air pressure in the machine, I've eliminated the filter piece on the plasma unit, I've regulated the pressure at the machine, I've gotten rid of the quick connect, I've increased the air going into the refrigerated air dryer, I'm in the process of running a new pipe to the machine that's 1 1/4" and neck down at the machine with a new filter just before the machine. Nothing is helping.
So i bought an adapter and have used a few of the syncs..
This helped alot but I got the code a few times but not near as often and it seemed to get it around pierce 900 or so..( I'm assuming the consumable is shot at that point.
Regular consumables at $17 bucks a set compared to $53 for a sync... The regular consumable I get a full run out of 711 pierces for $17. Sync is 900 pierces for $53.. This is what I've seen so far, I know the $17 is a good number for how many times I've made these parts.
So as per a recommendation from Russell at CNC Shop and services(Dynatorch) I"ve ordered Hypertherm Kit:M65/M85/M65M/M85M/M105/M105M Torch Main Body Replacement - 228716. So we will see. I'm just hoping to get back with the old consumables, it's cutting into the profit with the Sync's.
As far as cut quality I'd say the sync's have the edge, and speed and cost per pierce I'm liking my old ones.
I'll update this as I learn more. Any thoughts please chime in.
Thanks in advance
Chris
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: 0-30

Post by WyoGreen »

It seems like we see a lot of this 0-30 code complaint on here. Perhaps it's time for Hypertherm to spend some time researching this to find out what is going on.
I had thought about upgrading from my old reliable Powermax 45 to a bigger machine, but this and other recent developments are making me think twice about that thought.
I hope you come up with a fix, Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I'm happy to hear that the Syncs are giving you better edge quality, but unfortunately at a much greater consumable cost. I had heard reports of the Sync cartridges not playing nice with some thc units, but I'm not sure it that was the Sync on an adapter or an actual Sync machine. I know that Robert Johnson was doing some testing using the Sync adapter with Duramax torch cutting on a Plasmacam table and he was having thc problems.

It seems like some have fixed this particular problem by replacing o-rings in the torch body. I have both the Powermax 85 and 45xp and have not yet experienced the 0-30 error in the 5 1/2 years the machines have been in service.

I will look forward to hearing if and how you resolve your problem.

David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Hey cstroke, there is an entire forum dedicated to Hypertherm error codes and solutions other members have found here on the 0-30 error viewforum.php?f=210 May want to sift through those and see if you anything catches your attention.

Sounds like you have your air supply beefed up so that shouldn't be an issue. As for setting pressure at the front of the Hypertherm unit I would keep that in Auto mode and let the machine set the pressure for you.

Have you entered the advanced diagnostic screen to see what advanced codes are listed in there?

What consumables are you using? I am guessing Finecuts...
cstroke

Post by cstroke »

The consumables that give me fits are 85 amp ones.
Just ran a file today that is 45 amp aluminum 3/16" and it ran the entire job without an 0-30 code.
Thank you for the link.
Chris
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I wonder if the Powermax 85 adjusts internal air pressure to reflect the amp setting, or only for the torch cable length?
David
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

cstroke wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:00 pm The consumables that give me fits are 85 amp ones.
Just ran a file today that is 45 amp aluminum 3/16" and it ran the entire job without an 0-30 code.
Thank you for the link.
Chris
No problem and be sure to look at the diagnostic screen, it has helped me to resolve many issue sin the past and many people do not know about it. Check this link out viewforum.php?f=224 super helpful
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

weldguy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:40 am
cstroke wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:00 pm The consumables that give me fits are 85 amp ones.
Thank you for the link.
Chris
No problem and be sure to look at the diagnostic screen, it has helped me to resolve many issue sin the past and many people do not know about it. Check this link out viewforum.php?f=224 super helpful
:Like :Like :Like :Like

Return to “0-30 Fault Code”