2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Hypertherm fault 301

Post by Thor »

Need some help

Powermax 85
Candcnc MP3000 (i think, been awhile)
Hyt Connect

Ran 2 sheets of stainless yesterday, did some programming this morning and trying to cut a couple more sheets. Go to start cutting and mach 4 shows hypertherm fault 301 see manual (not in manual) Pmax 85 shows fault 0-30 on screen. Things I have done to no avail;
-restarted machine
-new electrode, tip and swirl ring (fine cut, only use hypertherm consumables)
-thoroughly cleaned torch body and look for any signs of pitting etc on electrode contact surface, all looks fine
- pulled bowl off back of unit, looks clean, replaced
-tried loading a different program I know worked just to make sure it wasnt some wayward code setting air stupid or something.
-checked all air lines pressure settings to unit all looks good
- the air pressure button on pmax shows its set at 75psi internally, have 95 psi regulator less than 2' from machine with good air coming out, dryer next to compressor.

This has been cutting good for months, Ive had a couple stuck electrodes before (several months ago) but always fixed with a new one. Today it will not correct and everytime I try torch fire in mach4 it makes a short high pitch sound like it does when first starting to fire and then faults out to fault 301, never any air flow or torch fire.
Thor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm fault 301

Post by Thor »

OK, so hypertherm tech support told me how to test gas valve, and seems like valve was sticking shut. Got it to open and back cutting, but need to figure out how to clean it at some point.
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by grindergary »

Mine would do that when my compressor blew oil into the lines.
We got a bottle of nitrogen and a high pressure regulator and blew the system out and had cleaned out the valve.
PS, set the regulator to 130 lbs. so you don't blow out the valve and the hoses. We put a small bottle thru and seemed to do the trick.

HTH

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
Stout
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Stout »

And get one of those toilet paper filters.
Victor Simonis
Grey Forest MetalCraft
Helotes, TX 78023
210-872-2622
Sector Technologies Photon 5x10 water table machine with Hypertherm Micro Edge Controller, Powermax 105

Return to “0-30 Fault Code”