powermax 105 no voltage to or from divider

Discussion on 0-30 fault codes
welderman32b
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

powermax 105 no voltage to or from divider

Post by welderman32b »

i have a powermax 105, running on 480 3ph, I have recently upgraded from a floating head to a Chinese thc ... the shaphon sh-hc31, or so I thought it was an upgrade. considering I was using a floating head before I have not needed the voltage coming from the divider, so I was unaware that there was no voltage coming from the divider. I just replaced the divider board along with the pigtails and plug from hypertherm. this did not fix any issues. I have read that I can get my voltage from (j27) and (j28) on the main board with an external voltage divider box. I have tried this and keep getting the same fault code of "0-30 torch consumables stuck" .. any ideas or information on where to get the voltage for my tch would be appreciated !

thank you,
Bill Walls
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: powermax 105 no voltage to or from divider

Post by weldguy »

Hi Bill

Sounds like your looking at a couple problems, 0-30 error and no voltage.

First things first we need to get the error fixed so you can fire an arc and determine if you still have no arc voltage with the arc transferring to the workpiece.

Does your electrode slide freely inside the tan colored swirl ring?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

welderman32b wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:47 am I keep getting the same fault code of "0-30 torch consumables stuck" .. any ideas
Bill,
Have you inspected your torch to make sure there is not a small piece of slag stuck between the shield and nozzle? Just a thought.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

welderman32b wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:47 am I just replaced the divider board along with the pigtails and plug from hypertherm. this did not fix any issues.
Are you able to use a voltmeter/multi-meter to measure the divided arc voltage at your voltage divider output while your machine is cutting?
David

Return to “0-30 Fault Code”