hypertherm powermax 65 error 0-20

Discussion on 0-20 fault codes
QwertyAs
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hypertherm powermax 65 error 0-20

Post by QwertyAs »

Hi, I have this cutter . It produces an error 0-20 , that means by a manual gas pressure problems . Does it make sense to translate it into manual mode or as me advised in my country's service center , replace pressure transducer . Sorry for my English , I know that it is very bad . I am from Russia and we have no information about hypertherm powermax 65 , except the standard manual . Please, help.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm powermax 65 error 0-20

Post by jimcolt »

0-20 indicates that inlet gas pressure is too low. The power supply constantly monitors air pressure while the air is flowing. The error code will display even if the air drops below the required input pressure of 90 psi (pounds per square inch) for a moment. It is unlikely that the pressure transducer is bad, it is more likely that you have some sort of flow restriction in your air system that is causing the pressure to drop, even momentarily.

To troubleshoot you must install a pressure gauge hard plumbed at the input fittings to the Powermax and monitor the pressure at that point while air is flowing at the torch. If the pressure on the gauge never drops below 90 psi while flowing....then I suggest you contact technical service at Hypertherm for assistance.

Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm
littlefatbuddy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by littlefatbuddy »

I had the same issue. I contacted the Hypertherm service department and they thought it could be the fact that I had started using Finecut consumables. It was a new problem that emerged after I started using Finecut. I switched back to regular consumables and still got the error code. I changed both of my filters and the little one on the back of the machine. I still get the code and it actually shuts down completely. It does seem to happen faster when the weather is hotter. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it is going to shut down. I ran the cutter on the same setup for a year and then it started happening. Absolutely nothing but the filters changed in the entire system.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

I recommend installing a gauge hard plumbed to the inlet air fitting. Watch this gauge while the air is flowing at the torch....I suspect you will see it drop below 90 psi on occasion. If so, that may be causing your error code....and it means you have a restriction in your air system.

Other causes of an 0-20 error:

-worn out swirl ring (replace with new)
-Worn out retaining cap (replace with new)

Best regards, Jim Colt
littlefatbuddy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by littlefatbuddy »

The finecut consumables were brand new, genuine Hypertherm. I honestly don't remember if I went back with the old 65 amp pieces or put new ones in. I will put a gauge there and see what it reads. Some days it will shut down right after the arc fires on a cut and sometimes it will run for a couple of minutes. Thanks for the help.

Return to “0-20 Fault Code”