Join broken line segments in DXF file fast and easy

A series of short instructional videos CorelDRAW users may find helpful
CorelDRAW for Plasma
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Join broken line segments in DXF file fast and easy

Post by CorelDRAW for Plasma »

Many DXF designs that you download will open up and look like a fully connected and flowing design, but often you will find that the profiles are made up of numerous short line segments and arcs that are not actually connected together. This can make editing a design difficult and can cause many other issues before you ever get a chance to try and cut it.

In the video below you will learn a fast and easy way to automatically connect all of these line segments to accomplish a complete 1 piece profiles that are easy to edit and will post process very well.

Give this technique a try and if you have any problems or questions please reply to this and post your questions and I will be sure to get them answered.

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Join broken line segments in DXF file fast and easy

Post by adbuch »

When I open this file with CorelDraw 2020, this is what it looks like. It seems to be already connected. Could there be a difference between versions, or am I doing something wrong?
horse 1.jpg
horse 3.jpg
I do remember checking this file with DE and it does have many intersections. Here is what it looks like.
horse 2.jpg
Thanks,
David

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

CorelDRAW for Plasma
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by CorelDRAW for Plasma »

Hey David, my guess is that you opened the SVG file and not the DXF, this video was to show how to accomplish this with DXF files. SVG files will not have this broken line issue in most cases.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

CorelDRAW for Plasma wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:31 pm Hey David, my guess is that you opened the SVG file and not the DXF, this video was to show how to accomplish this with DXF files. SVG files will not have this broken line issue in most cases.
Thanks Justin! I thought about this later and was thinking there might be a difference between the svg and dxf. I think I opened the svg. I just opened the dxf and it looks like your example.

David
horse 4.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Quick & Helpful CorelDRAW Tutorial Videos”