hand torch shield

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
lancepr
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

hand torch shield

Post by lancepr »

Does anyone make a shield that mounts to the hand torch?
sometimes I have to make small cuts by hand to finish projects and would like some little shield that mounts right onto the torch vs putting on the big face screen.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hand torch shield

Post by adbuch »

I have a Dillon/Henrob oxy/acetylene torch that comes with a shield for drag cutting, but I am not aware of an equivalent for plasma cutting. When I do manual cutting with my plasma cutter, I use my Mig welding helmet set to the lightest setting for the darkness. It may also be advisable to wear a particulate mask/dust mask to avoid breathing in the airborne plasma dust.
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

There are plenty of glasses (like sunglasses) available in various shades that you can use. Much nicer than using oxy goggles or a welding helmet and thats what I use. Not sure a torch mounted shield would be that handy.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

weldguy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:05 pm There are plenty of glasses (like sunglasses) available in various shades that you can use. Much nicer than using oxy goggles or a welding helmet and thats what I use. Not sure a torch mounted shield would be that handy.
Depends on how much of your face/head you wish to protect. For eye protection only, the glasses will do. Otherwise full face protection would be the preferred way to go.
David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”