Mach3 indicates torch voltage when torch isn't on

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Alabass
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Mach3 indicates torch voltage when torch isn't on

Post by Alabass »

Just experienced a problem I haven't seen before. When I opened up Mach3 to do some cutting today, the torch voltage readout is indicating torch voltage even though the torch is not on. I did a test cut and it seems to add the actual voltage to the number it was showing, essentially doubling the indicated voltage. Is there a way to change or calibrate the indicated voltage readout?
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Mach3 indicates torch voltage when torch isn't on

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Loose ground, faulty wire, feedback ? Does the thc behave differently try to lower torch to much because of high readings ?
Mine will go 0-1 with nothing running sometimes.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach3 indicates torch voltage when torch isn't on

Post by tcaudle »

First disconnect the workclamp from the plasma and see if the voltage drops back to zero. I fit does its leakage from the plasma. make sure NOTHING else is touching the table and that you have your table frame grounded. I have seen wet concrete conduct enough voltage to skew the reading. the rest depends on what kind of THC and voltage pickup it uses. recalibrating the readout won't fist the problem

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”