Enroute 6 fab software

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
garymetalwood
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Enroute 6 fab software

Post by garymetalwood »

New to the plasma world along with the enroute software

Would anyone know how to change li/lo sizes on SOME geometry only, that is already programmed to a specific size ?
ie multi-able sizes per program ?

and i cannot figure out how to program a single straight line

thanks n advance
Charlie10
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Enroute 6 fab software

Post by Charlie10 »

To change some geometry only, you have to first make sure the part is ungrouped. If you can only select the part as a whole, it is grouped. To be able to select individual features, like internal holes and slots, it has to be ungrouped. You can group by dragging a box over the whole part and then pressing "ctrl+G", and ungroup by doing the same and pressing "ctrl+U".
To change the size of an individual feature, click on that feature only (or multiple instances of that feature) and then right click and select "scale", or you can open open the "precision input box" in the upper right and do the same from there. You can scale it to a set dimension or by a multiplier, and select the point from which you scale using the square grid that is in the scale toolbar, ie center, bottom left, etc.
Hopefully that's what you were asking.
garymetalwood
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by garymetalwood »

thanks for your reply but no,,, not changing the geometry

1st question is can you have different sizes of lead ins and lead outs,, ie ARC - rad .02, angle 110 in and same out, then next cutout maybe larger have ARC .2 lead in and lead out... Various sizes of lead ins and lead outs on the same operation (not changing the geometry)

2nd question is how to program a straight line (open contour)

is it possible to select and path each feature using different entrances and exits ? ,,,adding to make one program file

thanks
Charlie10
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Charlie10 »

Ok, misunderstood.
1) Yes you can. Again you just have to select features individually. Like I would go and select all the small holes (hold shift+click to select multiples if you can't drag over them without selecting others) and set say a .06 arc in, then exit and select the larger holes and set a .125 arc in, then the profile and set a 90° corner entry, etc. Do the toolpaths for one part before you do an array and then it will apply the same paths to your duplicates.
2) Draw your straight line then select it and press open contour (expanded from the standard toolpath button) select your kerf offset and set the depth to anything. Simple as that. I used that all the time at the end of the program to cut off the skeleton from the sheet when I didn't cut a full sheet of parts.
Last edited by Charlie10 on Thu May 30, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garymetalwood
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by garymetalwood »

YAHOO !!!
what i was missing was setting the depth to a number other than the 0.0 it was populated at,,,, thinking no need for the depth,, ha
this enabled the ok button to move forward................
path and ran two programs with various li/lo sizes and open contours on each,,,,,,haha GREAT !
thank you
very much
Charlie10
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Charlie10 »

Awesome. I think I remember having the same problem with the depth my first time haha. Glad I could help.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”