Looking to build a new 2x4, need some suggestions.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
BrooklynBravest
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Looking to build a new 2x4, need some suggestions.

Post by BrooklynBravest »

Thanks for the idea. Not sure why I didn't consider that to begin with. :Mad

Should be a fair amount cheaper in materials and make for a cleaner looking build too with hidden welds.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

looks good, what I did with my slats is I welded some 3/8" square tube at the ends of some 1"x1/8" flat bar, and then used some of the 3/8" square tube as spacers and welded them into position,

I cut the 1" flat bar a little longer than the width required so when it slotted in it curves in an S shape naturally

I'd take photos but I'm away for a while
BrooklynBravest
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

robertspark wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:12 pm looks good, what I did with my slats is I welded some 3/8" square tube at the ends of some 1"x1/8" flat bar, and then used some of the 3/8" square tube as spacers and welded them into position,

I cut the 1" flat bar a little longer than the width required so when it slotted in it curves in an S shape naturally

I'd take photos but I'm away for a while
For the slats I am going to do what I did on my current table.

Drop in water table, with mounting for curved slats built in it worked out amazing.

Its kinda hard to see in the photo but you can see the left one.

robertspark

Post by robertspark »

nice

I can see why you want to change tables, expect that one gets a bit of wobble with the unsupported axis
BrooklynBravest
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

robertspark wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:39 am nice

I can see why you want to change tables, expect that one gets a bit of wobble with the unsupported axis
Truthfully it works great for what it is. It doesn't wobble really its very rigid they did a great job on the design. Its a langmuir crossfire table that I built a larger frame for. The issue with it is the lack of height control but it ran me $1300 at startup pricing +500 for the new frame and its paid for itself as well as getting me into the world of CNC cutting.

The issues with it start when you miss a tip up or have a larger piece that will warp/a high or low spot on the work. It becomes a real pain in the ass how much you have to babysit it.

abc007
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by abc007 »

BrooklynBravest wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:39 pm
TJS wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am Welcome. I am here too. Your build should be good. I also suggest looking at CommandCNC package. Has a bit of a learning curve but works good so far.
T.J.
The gang is all here then. :HaHa

I like the idea of building the table first and then worrying about the electronics platform. I didn't consider that it doesn't really matter in the structure of the build.

Just so I know what to provide for as clearance to get a full 48" cut, is a mount like this suitable for what I want to do?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Z-AXIS-CNC-PLA ... SwAClcbxD0
Actually this is the right link....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114942262002

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”