Crashed my torch! Please help!

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
ajk2004
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Crashed my torch! Please help!

Post by ajk2004 »

Hey guys. I was doing some cutting in the shop last night and I believe something happened to my feather touch sensor and it stopped working. It caused my torch to crash and break in half. I did not have a magnetic breakaway on my table. I ordered new parts from hyper therm to fix it. It was about a $150 mistake. I tried calling C and CNC and was slightly disappointed with the service that I received. I bought my table about four years ago with Mach 3 but they no longer support that and want to sell me a $900 upgrade. That was pretty disappointing. Anyway, hopefully someone here can help me out. I have a large job and don’t have time to wait for a new FeatherTouch set up to get here. Does anyone know how to set up the floating torch wiring inside The blade runner box? Thanks!
Andy
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Crashed my torch! Please help!

Post by Ironken »

Have you tried posting to the CandCNC forum? Tom Caudill usually hangs around there.
JD2 MAD 4X4
Millermatic 252 (spray)
Millermatic 190 (short circuit)
Syncrowave 210
Powermax 65
Powermax 45xp
Grizzly Vertical Mill (junk)
Baileigh BS-210M
50t Press
Shitloads of DeWalt
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Crashed my torch! Please help!

Post by acourtjester »

the way I have mounted the Floating head switches on the table I built is in series with the other home/limits switches. It served as a safety if the ohmic sensor does not work. Mach will see it as a limit when moving down under the G31 command (probe). If you wired your ohmic sensor (feather touch) as Z home you need to hook the floating head switch with any limit switch inputs.
When I start a series of cuts I test the ohmic sensor by moving the Z up/down a few time and check to see the light on the diagnostic page, to aid the action I change the main screen in Mach to have a probe LED so I can see it from there. :Yay I know it says "Tool Change" but it works the same for both processes :HaHa .
led.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”