Motion pause on nodes

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
mr.jake519
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Motion pause on nodes

Post by mr.jake519 »

Hi, Im used to using dfx. files and usually get good smooth cuts through sheetcam. I am starting to use corel draw (home and student) which doesnt have dfx export. I am exporting in SVG format, ive noticed that the torch seems to pause at nodes very briefly, sometimes this leaves a bit of a divot in the cut. I converted everything to curves and deleted as many nodes as possible. Anyone have any tips? Ill attach a file that was giving me the pauses.
51 porter st.svg
51 porter st.cdr

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Home built 4x8
uccnc
axbb-e
gecko 201x
Neuron lite thc
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Motion pause on nodes

Post by acourtjester »

I look over the drawing and it look fine not many nodes are you using any cut or path rules in you SheetCam plan that may cause the pauses. You know you can use the simulate function in SheetCam to see how it moves around, There are many sharp corners in the drawing which if you had a path rule may slow things down.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

mr.jake519 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:46 pm Hi, Im used to using dfx. files and usually get good smooth cuts through sheetcam. I am starting to use corel draw (home and student) which doesnt have dfx export. I am exporting in SVG format, ive noticed that the torch seems to pause at nodes very briefly, sometimes this leaves a bit of a divot in the cut. I converted everything to curves and deleted as many nodes as possible. Anyone have any tips? Ill attach a file that was giving me the pauses.
After converting your first file to dxf and examining, you have 2 extraneous crossovers (unwanted intersections) which could possibly cause very small divots in your cut path. Where were you finding the "pauses" in your cut path?

David
Extraenous Crossovers.jpg
The first on is at the lower corner if the 5.
Crossover 1.png
The second one is at the corner on the inside of the letter P.
Crossover 2.jpg

SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

I just opened cdr file, looks perfect to me, converted to dxf r14 in corel, looks like it would cut fine in sheetcam.

Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
mr.jake519
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mr.jake519 »

Thanks guys, it definately paused at the node in the center of the O in Porter, it paused at a few other places i believe on the T. Just wasn't sure if there was a setting or something in corel before export. I am using rules but only for the outer holes and thc off before end of cut. But with neuron and uccnc thc on and off is syncron with motion, there is no delay.
Home built 4x8
uccnc
axbb-e
gecko 201x
Neuron lite thc
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

I would go on the UCCNC forum.

Attach your gcode file perhaps. The only way the gcode itself causes pauses is if those pauses are part of the gcode commands. If the gcode is all good then the pauses are coming from UCCNC itself.
Have you checked your UCCNC settings, namely EXACT STOP MODE vs CONSTANT VELOCITY MODE, and your X and Y acceleration settings.

I took your SVG file and imported it into Sheetcam, generated the gcode and ran that in UCCNC. No pauses.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
mr.jake519
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mr.jake519 »

beefy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:22 pm I would go on the UCCNC forum.

Attach your gcode file perhaps. The only way the gcode itself causes pauses is if those pauses are part of the gcode commands. If the gcode is all good then the pauses are coming from UCCNC itself.
Have you checked your UCCNC settings, namely EXACT STOP MODE vs CONSTANT VELOCITY MODE, and your X and Y acceleration settings.

I took your SVG file and imported it into Sheetcam, generated the gcode and ran that in UCCNC. No pauses.
Thanks beefy, i always run in cv mode. What are your cv settings? ill try them
Thanks!
Home built 4x8
uccnc
axbb-e
gecko 201x
Neuron lite thc
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Hi Jake,

to be honest I've never needed to adjust the default install settings.

I've attached a screenshot of what mine are.
CV SETTINGS.jpg

2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

mr.jake519 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:46 pm Hi, Im used to using dfx. files and usually get good smooth cuts through sheetcam. I am starting to use corel draw (home and student) which doesnt have dfx export. I am exporting in SVG format, ive noticed that the torch seems to pause at nodes very briefly, sometimes this leaves a bit of a divot in the cut. I converted everything to curves and deleted as many nodes as possible. Anyone have any tips? Ill attach a file that was giving me the pauses.

51 porter st.svg51 porter st.cdr
Maybe convert to dxf before loading to Sheetcam. Here is a program that you may find very handy for converting your SVG files to dxf. The cost is $40, but you can try for free for 30 days. You might also contact Les Newell on the Sheetcam forum to discuss your issues.

David

https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/tri ... re-you-buy
Lightburn.jpg

LussierMotorWorks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by LussierMotorWorks »

Hi, sorry to bump such an old thread.. Did you ever end up solving this issue? I am running into the same thing currently and no one seems to believe me when I say it pauses at all of the nodes lol
mr.jake519
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mr.jake519 »

Back from the dead....

I kept having problems with this motion pause, i tried numerous different settings/tolerances and nothing made it better.

I ended up setting all tolerances except for circle recognition in sheetcam to 0, letting uccnc cv settings handle everything.

Sheetcam takes alot longer to process as there are so many nodes, but the cut is very smooth with no motion pause.

If anyone has a comment on this please share!
Home built 4x8
uccnc
axbb-e
gecko 201x
Neuron lite thc
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

mr.jake519 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:43 pm Back from the dead....

I kept having problems with this motion pause, i tried numerous different settings/tolerances and nothing made it better.

I ended up setting all tolerances except for circle recognition in sheetcam to 0, letting uccnc cv settings handle everything.

Sheetcam takes alot longer to process as there are so many nodes, but the cut is very smooth with no motion pause.

If anyone has a comment on this please share!
Mr.jake - that is a great tip that may help others in the future. Thanks for sharing that information.
David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”