adapter

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
billariss
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

adapter

Post by billariss »

I have a Powermax 65 with a quick connect and I want to use my machine torch but it has a different connector. my question is the some sort of adapter I can get so I can use this torch? or do I have to get a complete new one?
tempImagerCmrK4.gif
tempImage86Bn1Y.gif

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: adapter

Post by adbuch »

Does your Powermax 65 have the Duramax torch? Is the image in the second photo your machine torch? What am I looking at in your first photo?
David
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

First pic looks like a Duramax connector. Assume 2nd photo is the torch he wants to connect. I've not seen an adapter.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I have not seen an adapter either, I think you may be stuck using the hand torch or buying a new machine torch.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Yes - I agree. It would be best to purchase the proper Duramax machine torch for you plasma cutter. Perhaps sell the old one and put the funds towards a new one.
David
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

the plastic connector is NOT available as an after market kit, trust me I looked long and hard as I was trying to avoid having to buy an expensive machine torch, given most of the money was in the cable as a weight item shipping from the US to the UK and paying duties and taxes.

I bit the bullet and bought the right machine torch I. the end, mainly because of that connector because all the torch components are available as spare parts, and the cable could be had from cheaper Chinese torches, just not that connector
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

There was talk of someone 3D printing the part, but I have never heard anymore about it.
David
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

adbuch wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:55 am There was talk of someone 3D printing the part, but I have never heard anymore about it.
David
I am sure it could be 3d printed but I'm not sure about strength given it has a fairly thin wall that plugs from 1 connector to the other.

I know torches are available from china (with plugs) as knock off copies.... just not with the plugs alone.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ug20Lp

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vW5UNz
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

The 2nd pic shows a plug for the older 1250 / 1650 units, it is probably a T80 machine torch. I would sell it and get the the Duramax machine torch for the longer consumable life that they offer.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

SegoMan DeSigns wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:26 pm The 2nd pic shows a plug for the older 1250 / 1650 units, it is probably a T80 machine torch. I would sell it and get the the Duramax machine torch for the longer consumable life that they offer.
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”