Coolant flow issue?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Sparky260a
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Coolant flow issue?

Post by Sparky260a »

I recently began running an ez cut cnc system. Hypertherm 260 hardware. I believe I’m having a coolant flow issue. I initially tried burning 1” A36 plate. There was a ton of blowback and not enough coolant flow and i burnt the head up. Replaced head. Come to find out my coolant pump was bad. And there was a lot of silica in the coolant reservoir. Replaced coolant pump and filter. Cleaned out coolant reservoir. It was burning fine with 30a, 80a, and 130a heads. But, when I tried burning 1” plate again. I had the same issues… ton of blowback and really hot. Upon inspection… the filter and fluid was still clean. The propeller that turns the fluid seems to be spinning really well through the viewing window. And it’s really clear. My question is… what am I missing? What’s the issue? It’s not a program issue. What could it be?
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Coolant flow issue?

Post by Larry83301 »

Are you spraying coolant on the plasma arc when you are cutting like you would do on a mill??

Larry
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Coolant flow issue?

Post by weldguy »

What is the distance between the torch and the material when you are trying to pierce this 1" plate?

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”