Blockchain DXF Files?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Blockchain DXF Files?

Post by Joe Jones »

It is really too bad that DXF files don't have block chain technology.

BITCOIN is only valid, because every piece of it comes with a detailed paper trail showing it's origin, and however it then moved through the digital currency universe.

Imagine if such a system were available for DXF files?

You create a drawing, and sell it for $1,000.00 to the first person who wants it. Now you have been paid for your work in creating that file.

The first buyer pays $1,000.00 for the file. Then he sells it for $999.75 and thus he gets most of his money back, and he has paid twenty five cents for the file. The next person sells it for $999.50, and so on down the line, until 4,000 people have PURCHASED the file for twenty five cents each. At that point, the file value is ZERO, and it is then passed around freely like herpes.

If you create a GREAT file, and sell it for $5,000.00, then the next buyer would pay $4,999.75, and so on, and so on ...

I would create fantastic art files with a system like that in place! At least I would know that I was paid what I am worth, to create the file.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Larry83301

Re: Blockchain DXF Files?

Post by Larry83301 »

Most of the DFX files on this site are not sold but given away. Also what makes you think YOU have any files that are worth a thousand dollars, for less than a hundred dollars I can buy a collection of files. ALSO once the file appears on the net it would be copied by many people and given away FREE or close to that.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Larry83301 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:12 am Most of the DFX files on this site are not sold but given away. Also what makes you think YOU have any files that are worth a thousand dollars, for less than a hundred dollars I can buy a collection of files. ALSO once the file appears on the net it would be copied by many people and given away FREE or close to that.
Thank you for making my point.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Larry83301 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:12 am Most of the DFX files on this site are not sold but given away.
by people who did not CREATE them.
Also what makes you think YOU have any files that are worth a thousand dollars, for less than a hundred dollars
Okay, change the numbers ... make it $20.00 for a nice file, and then $19.75, $19.50 and so on .... NO ONE pays it. They just rip it off, and YOU KNOW THAT.
I can buy a collection of files.
Yes, large collections of art files drawn by other people are EASY to build, and then sell.
ALSO once the file appears on the net it would be copied by many people and given away FREE or close to that.
Exactly.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”