Artificial Intelligence for drawing pics

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Artificial Intelligence for drawing pics

Post by bigcreek »

Technology is pretty amazing guys and it is coming along at an ever accelerated rate. My older brother called me up yesterday to show me how to use AI to draw up pictures and it is amazing. My brother manages a group of 20 people who train AI computers for different things and his previous two jobs he designed missiles in one and the other he was a physics professor so smart dude. I got literally none of the brains. I claim to have gotten the good looks but that isnt true either haha. But thats ok! Anyway what AI can do for drawing up pictures based off what I tell it I want in the picture is nothing short of incredible. I mean seriously freakin incredible. And it does it in seconds. Talking to my brother is fascinating because of his insights into where things are at now and where they are headed and fast. Not talking in the distant future but right around the corner. There are computer programs people use for drawing that I honestly dont see a need for anymore with the advent of this technology and I brought that up to my brother and he whole heartedly agreed. The AI can do as good or better job than some programs without having to learn how to use the program. And according to my brother AI is only continuously getting better and improving. I said well Adobe must be pretty worried about it and he said well yes and no. He said they rolled out their own AI to go along with some of their stuff to stay pertinent so they are using AI now also. But it will be eliminating some jobs for sure in certain sectors. Anyway I was very amazed at what I was able to create in the way of pictures for our metal work. Crazy stuff.
martyy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Artificial Intelligence for drawing pics

Post by martyy »

I have used a few of the open AI projects to generate some designs but nothing that exciting. I am convinced AI has been used (audio, video, photo, etc..) way more than we know in the last 10 years or so, but is now coming more into public eyes. Kind of like the rapid growth of the internet this is bringing a plethora of problems. Take for example the fact that we used a service to generate content, depending upon the agreement who owns this new content? Just the tip of the problems to come iceberg. I agree though, pretty amazing capabilities that can be used for good and bad.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

Is there a site that the public can use like chat gpt for drawing?
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

The one he showed me in was midjourney/discord. He told me of several others but he thought this was probably the best one for me.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”