Delay on initial piercing problem on each lead in

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Delay on initial piercing problem on each lead in

Post by inspectweld »

]I am having a Delay on initial piercing problem on each lead in. The torch moves to the correct position then doesn`t pierce when it should then pierces about an inch or so in the cut path and doesn`t complete the cut as seen in the picture I have here on these base plates with 4 holes I am trying to cut. I have been using the machine for about a year now with no issues like this before. The machine and software is Torchmate 2. Any help would be appreciated.
Pic.jpg
islander261
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Delay on initial piercing problem on each lead in

Post by islander261 »

Hi

Do you have the AVHC torch height control? Have you checked the Gcode file to make sure it is correct ( post it if you don't know)? Do you have the old Flashcut (509 USB box) controller?

John
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by inspectweld »

I had someone reset the pierce delay setting and it worked but I cant get in touch with them to find out where that setting is located hes out of town for a few days hiking. I just posed another question about where is the pierce delay setting located on the torchmate2 program. I looked under configuration but I just cant find it.
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by inspectweld »

We got it going now, thanks anyway

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”