Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 152

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
pmfsteelcorp
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 152

Post by pmfsteelcorp »

Good day to all

We've recently bought a TruCut Cnc Plasma Table and our Representative told us that we should use a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 152 well things haven't been going to smooth with my cuts I never got straight cuts with it we have a compressor with a radiator that dry's the air we also have 3 plug in wall dryers and the actual machine has a dryers also we've also tried to us nitrogen and still the cuts are angled is there anything anyone think that I could be doing wrong I am cutting 1/2 mild steel amps are set between 100 - 120 torch height is set to .19 pierce delay 1.00 and pierce height is set to .10 the plasma speed is set to 27 I get the best cuts at that speed if I lower the speed it bevels even more, I want to thank anyone that would be willing to help me thank you again.
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 152

Post by BTA Plasma »

Sometimes the consumables and retaining parts of the TD torches come new with bad threads that kick out the working parts of the torch to the side. :geek: Take your torch out and take a good hard look at the working end. Should be pretty obvious if its the torch or not.
pmfsteelcorp
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by pmfsteelcorp »

BTA Plasma wrote:Sometimes the consumables and retaining parts of the TD torches come new with bad threads that kick out the working parts of the torch to the side. :geek: Take your torch out and take a good hard look at the working end. Should be pretty obvious if its the torch or not.
finally got it

bad O-rings but Esab that owns thermal dynamics couldn't tell me this for 3 months now!! they call them selfs techs unbelievable

on a better note I am still returning the TD cutmaster 152 and just bought a much better unit hypertherm 105
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

If you have any questions regarding cutting with the Powermax105 feel free to contact me...or post them on the forum. Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

I have went many years without a o-ring failure. Ir's just not a common problem with them if you take care of them.. I replaced my first o-rings this year, and only because I Had some. One of the most knowledgeable people on Victor machines was Mike at this site,, Have not seen a post for a while. BTA plasma generally has good info on Victor machines too..

mike_linehan@victortechnologies.com

Esab does not own Thermal dynamics by the way.. Colfax does..
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Colfax is an investment firm that owns both Esab and Victor. Jim Colt
srp
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by srp »

By purchasing a Hypertherm you are supporting an employee owned business. They are really focused on the customer!
RJEFF
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by RJEFF »

I HAVE A TRUE CUT IS RUSS STILL THERE I GET NO ANSWER,,,,MAY CUT MASTER 152 WILL NOT WORK .AND WHEN IT DOSE IT CUTS JUST LIKE YOUR
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

RJEFF wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:10 pm I HAVE A TRUE CUT IS RUSS STILL THERE I GET NO ANSWER,,,,MAY CUT MASTER 152 WILL NOT WORK .AND WHEN IT DOSE IT CUTS JUST LIKE YOUR
Last I heard some time ago Ross's health had declined and they packed it in. Trucut has nothing to do with your Cutmaster 152 so we can still work on getting your 152 sorted out if you want to post back with details of whats happening.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”