Fine cut settings!!!!

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Fine cut settings!!!!

Post by jimcolt »

I use the specs out of the Hypertherm manual. I always use the 220948 shield as well with the Finecut process. The shield serves a few purposes, 1. it is necessary to use the shield if your EX Cut is equipped with ohmic surface sensing (to me this is necessary for accurate height control with Finecut). 2. The shield extends slightly lower than the nozzle, dramatically improving nozzle life. You keep mentioning that the process does not cut right and that you want a nicer cut......well I need better details than that if you want me to help! description of the cuts you are getting as well as good focused pictures of your cut issues. Jim Colt
iron2
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by iron2 »

Jim,
I have a powermax 45 the older version and want to use fine cut expendables. What do I need to do to be able to do that?
Thanks in advance!
Homebuilt 2x4 water table
Torchmatecad
Flashcut THC
Hypotherm 45
AKmud
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by AKmud »

I've been using fine cut consumables on my PM85 for a while now and honestly can't tell much difference between them and 45A consumables in good condition. What is the advantage or purpose of fine cut consumables anyway?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I use Hypertherm FineCut consumables exclusively for cnc cutting of 10GA and thinner - better edge quality, less dross, less heat into work piece, much better for fine details compared to non-FineCut consumables - in my experience.
David
Hypertherm Fine Cut Consumables for Powermax systems.jpg
Low Speed FineCut Mild Steel Cut Chart.jpg
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by DieselFumes »

iron2 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:21 pm Jim,
I have a powermax 45 the older version and want to use fine cut expendables. What do I need to do to be able to do that?
Thanks in advance!

I've looked into that in the past and finecut consumables are not available for the original PM45
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

You can change the torch to a newer duramax and it will accept fine-cut consumables
EasyScriber
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by EasyScriber »

robertspark wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:46 pm You can change the torch to a newer duramax and it will accept fine-cut consumables
And with the newer duramax torch you can use the EasyScriber on your PM45 :Like :Like

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”