viper cut 30 cutting on angle

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
bikerman883
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

viper cut 30 cutting on angle

Post by bikerman883 »

Hello, I am using a viper cut 30 on a Langmuir table. after I cut my pieces the outer edge on the right side seems to taper out from top to bottom and the left side tapers to the inside, is something not level?
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: viper cut 30 cutting on angle

Post by cuttinparts »

If the taper is ramping in the same direction on parallel sides then it is your nozzle that has gone bad. The hole ends up becoming oval rather than round and changes the way air flows which causes this. The most common cause of premature nozzle failure is wet, moist, and/or dirty air. Proper filtration is a MUST and will save you money on consumables in the long run.

If your taper ramps in opposite directions on parallel sides it is incorrect cutting height. The image below depicting incorrect height shows a cutting height that is too high, tapering out from top to bottom. If it was tapering in from top to bottom your cutting height is too low. Hope this helps.

CUTQUALITY.png
CUTQUALITY.png (10.62 KiB) Viewed 533 times
bikerman883
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bikerman883 »

Yes thank you, I will try those
53hudson
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by 53hudson »

I have also found that cutting with too little air pressure can cause this taper issue. Too little pressure and the plasma jets ideal position is not correct.
I happen to use about 85psi but others may opt for different pressures.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”