first time cutting 5/8 hypertherm 65

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
DibbleDesignFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

first time cutting 5/8 hypertherm 65

Post by DibbleDesignFab »

i have just cut 5/8 ar500 for the first, i played with my thc as my voltages seem to be off when i follow the hypertherm recommenced, is this an average amount of dross or acceptable
Attachments
62124499_1132205663637362_2982673127135248384_n.jpg
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: first time cutting 5/8 hypertherm 65

Post by weldguy »

That looks pretty darn good to me :Like
hsolve
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by hsolve »

thats about what you would expect. However with some playing it could also be reduced. It may also depend on how difficult it is to remove. If it is just a light tap with a hammer and it's off then that's pretty good
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Arc voltage settings in the manual are correct assuming you have new consumables and are cutting at exactly book specs. Many height control systems will be off a bit on the arc voltage due to calibration issues as well. Keep in mind that arc voltage is the feedback mechanism that controls height. The cut chart lists a cut height (usually .060"), and that is the all important number....so adjust arc voltage so that cut height is maintained. The voltage is meaningless as long as height is correct. Higher voltage equals higher height, lower voltage is lower height. Some height controls use a process called "Voltage Sampling" that auto calibrates the height / voltage settings before each cut....these are by far the easiest systems to set and use from a height and cut quality perspective. Jim Colt

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”