Sheetcam path rules, not able to add start codes and end codes for small shapes

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Justin27baker
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Sheetcam path rules, not able to add start codes and end codes for small shapes

Post by Justin27baker »

New to the plasma world, I’m trying to add path rules in sheet cam. When I click on start code and end code to turn THC on and off there is nothing in the box, is there a way to add it in?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Sheetcam path rules, not able to add start codes and end codes for small shapes

Post by acourtjester »

go under tools and click on cutting rules, this brings up a menu for you to create a snippet. A new window will open (path rules) click on add new rule set. There is a blank named rule set, click on it and a new menu will open (add new rule set) click on that and there will be a menu to name the new rule. type in the name you want. Click on ok and that name will appear in the path rule menu, then click on add rule a small menu will open for you to give the steps for the new rule. Click on code start and select the new name you put in there
aaaaaaa1.jpg
aaaaaaa1.jpg (32.37 KiB) Viewed 729 times
aaaaaaa2.jpg
aaaaaaa2.jpg (52.24 KiB) Viewed 729 times
aaaaaaa3.jpg
aaaaaaa3.jpg (49.74 KiB) Viewed 729 times
aaaaaaa4.jpg
aaaaaaa4.jpg (42.41 KiB) Viewed 728 times
aaaaaaa5.jpg
aaaaaaa5.jpg (37.35 KiB) Viewed 728 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Justin27baker
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam path rules, not able to add start codes and end codes for small shapes

Post by Justin27baker »

Awesome thank you for the reply! So when I click on small shapes or small circles do I weight my own start codes and end codes? To turn my thc off and then back on? I pull the drop down and it says none and the 3 dots to the side won’t pull anything up
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

To make a new code for cut rules click on the G icon in the tool menu. This opens a code snippet menu box. Click on code name (code snippet) and then erase and type a new name for your snippet. And type in the code snippet or info in the box below. Now when you go to the Path rules name your rule set name then click on add rule, rule menu will pop up. Click on start code and the dropdown list will show pick the one you want to use. After you make the snippet of path rules you can add it to the cut plan as you create that by clicking on the G icon in the operations section.
code 6.jpg
code 7.jpg
code 8.jpg
code 9.jpg
code 9.jpg (54.63 KiB) Viewed 711 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
kbenz
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kbenz »

OK, I'm screwing up the code snippet thing. I have no clue what I'm doing. I use s10 and s20 (I believe) to turn thc on and off. when I do the simulation all works fine. When I load into mach it goes straight to that line (without loading the whole program) and stops. torch comes down touches off anf fires but doesn't move. I'm running CandCNC DTHC with Feather Touch. pm65. mach. Thanks for any help you can give me
CandCNC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Draftsight
Hypertherm 65 machine torch
Millermatic 210
Passport plus
Spoolmate 150
Miller Bobcat 225
http://benzweldingandfabrication.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benz-Wel ... 468?ref=hl
OldHippie62
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by OldHippie62 »

Instead of s10 and s20, try writing this-s900 (DTHC ON), s10 (DTHC-OFF). Each one in their own code snippet.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”