SwiftCut Poor Cut Quality on Lettering

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Damo85
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

SwiftCut Poor Cut Quality on Lettering

Post by Damo85 »

Hello i am trying to cut out letters on our swiftcut (Swiftcut XP) at work but they are looking really bad , i am trying to cut out 3mm mild steal and the software (Libellula.WIZARD) says to to use 45 amp consumables . Would slowing down the feed rate on Mach3 help? any suggestions please?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: SwiftCut Poor Cut Quality on Lettering

Post by adbuch »

Perhaps show us some photos of your cuts along with telling us your settings for cut height, pierce height, cut speed, etc. Are you getting lots of dross on the backside of your parts? Some photos of that would help as well.
David
Damo85
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Damo85 »

adbuch wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:14 am Perhaps show us some photos of your cuts along with telling us your settings for cut height, pierce height, cut speed, etc. Are you getting lots of dross on the backside of your parts? Some photos of that would help as well.
David
i will take photos of them in the morning when i get to work and a photo of the settings as well and will post them here,
Thank You
Damien
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

We never received your photos. Did you get this problem sorted out?
David
Damo85
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Damo85 »

sorry for not replying , after awhile of learning as i go, i changed out all the consumables and changed the font and font size and got a better result. i have learned that on the machine i use the size of the sheet i'm cutting and the size of the letters all factor in, it has been a learning experience but an enjoyable one , i'm slowly getting better haha

Thank for the help guys
Damien

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”