using coreldraw - broken lines in dxf files

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
patrog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

using coreldraw - broken lines in dxf files

Post by patrog »

I have been using Coreldraw for several months and have noticed a problem (I think) when downloading a file from here. When I try to open the file in Coreldraw for any manipulation, all of the nodes are disconnected. Is this a common problem when downloading files that were created in differing programs? So far I have painstakingly been connecting those nodes manually. Anyone else with similar issues and any way to connect those nodes quickly? Thank you!
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: using coreldraw

Post by Gamelord »

Happens sometimes depending on how the file is saved. Try importing the file to see if you have any better luck.
Either way, search your help for "Join Curves". That will be your new best friend. :)

LInk with info:
http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f ... es#p117010
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
patrog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by patrog »

Thank you so very much! This was extremely helpful.
2015cmax
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by 2015cmax »

You could also down load the free version of SolidEdge and open the .dxf file. I have had no issues with up loading the few files I created nor have I encountered any problems down loading then open files from this great site. I have used basic versions of CorelDraw going back to Corel 8. I have always opted for upgrades along the way. Currently I have X6. Since I tend not to use it much, I have not gone to the most current version. SolidEdge was preloaded on my plasma table when I bought it and it seems to be a lot easier for me than Corel. Not knocking Corel, I guess I just need to take the time to learn and understand it beyond ultra simple drawing. Since I bought the table (ArcLight 9600) set up for hobby stuff, I just have not been forced to learn Corel- yet.. I have followed a number of Gamelord's posts over the last couple of years and he is an expert on Corel- so I thought I give him a thanks here.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: using coreldraw - broken lines in dxf files

Post by Gamelord »

You are most welcome. Glad I was able to help. Been using Corel since ver 3 on a win95 machine. :)
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
scottlane
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: using coreldraw - broken lines in dxf files

Post by scottlane »

I have the same problem sometimes when I download a file from plasmaspider.com. I appreciate the files thank you.

I use a design program called DesignCad 2018. When I download a file and import the dxf file I get the so called splatter patter on the drawing.
I select all nodes and do a convert to vector. The software takes out the extra nodes and cleans up the drawing for use. Works for me every time.

Hope that is helpful. 8-)

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”