DXF tool

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

DXF tool

Post by OTHill »

Just a few questions. Is there much advantage in using DXF plug in in CD X6? I used to have it in X4 but somehow left it behind with moving to X6. Seems like my dxf files could sometimes be smoother. Another question. How do you move objects In CD X6 without always having to start from Zero? I worked with a grandsons X8 lately and you could just type in x or y distance and move objects without regard for Zero. Thanks.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DXF tool

Post by plasmanewbie »

I've been using CD for years and never played with either of those options but will certainly check them out. Sorry i can't be of any help, hopefully someone else chimes in here
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

CorelDraw has never had a decent DXF Export filter. It breaks all of the arcs and circles into hundreds of line segments. For a long time DXF tools was the cure. It put back the arcs and arc segments (mostly) and made the file smaller and a lot smoother. Fast forward to CD 6 and up and the DXF filter has not improved, but the SVG filter has, and puts out nice smooth arcs in a documented industry standard file. Dunno what you use for CAM but hopefully it will take some other file format than DXF. SheetCAM takes an svg in with no problem.
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

I use Sheetcam. Started out 9 years ago always exported in dxf. All my files are now in dxf. Guess i'll have to bite the bullet and change over to svg. Thanks for replies.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”