Move objects in CD X6

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Move objects in CD X6

Post by OTHill »

Can you move an object in X6 not relative to zero. In my grandsons version of x8 I notice he can just type in the number to move in x or y without always having to move the zero first. Hope this makes sense.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Move objects in CD X6

Post by plasmanewbie »

For sure you can. Should be able to just click on the object and drag it around or use the XY position boxes to enter a value to move. Do you not get the XY position boxes on your screen? I don't use them to move things in CD anyway, in fact I almost never use the XY boxes.
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Yes I can do all that. What I need is for instance to move an object 6" in x direction I have to bring zero to where I want to start from otherwise it moves relative to zero on the ruler. I do a lot of mechanical drawing and would be handy to do.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Ah I see. Ok well this likely is no where near to the "professional approach" but what I do is quick, easy, and it works.

Set your "Nudge distance" to the distance you want to move, say 6". Click on the object you want to move and use the left/right/up/down arrows on your keyboard to nudge the part 6" in the direction you choose.

So simple and works perfect everytime with dead nuts accuracy :Like

See image below if your not sure where "Nudge distance" is located

Nudge.PNG
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Thanks plasmanewbie that's what I was looking for.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Nudge... :roll:
Fancy CAD programs and their slick tools. :HaHa
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Nudge is really good but I think undo is better yet :Yay
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

Have to agree with ya O.T. Undo is probably my best friend. On more than one occasion the Mrs. has been nearby enough to hear my incessantly rapid click, click, clicking of the back button. Literally going thru hours of cad work in mere seconds....didn't seem annoying to me. :Yay
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

OTHill wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:33 pm Thanks plasmanewbie that's what I was looking for.
:Like :Like

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”