Split monogram dxf file - Adding text

AutoCAD and Fusion 360 related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
CadyRidah
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Split monogram dxf file - Adding text

Post by CadyRidah »

I downloaded some split monogram dfx files. Can anyone tell me how to edit it and add a name to it? Also, is the editing done in Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, or CAD software? I want to add a name to it so i can cut it on a plasma table. I'm currently new to all this and I'm using Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, and Fusion 360. Can anyone help? Thanks!
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Split monogram dfx file

Post by beefy »

Ok so it sounds like you don't even have any software yet but want to know in a forum post how to do all that.

Inkscape is free so I suggest trying that first. Go on Youtube and start learning the basics. See if you can do a general Google search for Inkscape tutorials with "plasma" in the search. Reason for that is you are mainly interested in vectors lines, curves and nodes, for cutting purposes. You don't need tutorials on colours, shading, etc.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
CadyRidah
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by CadyRidah »

I have inkscape, adobe illustrator, and Autodesk Fusion 360. I ok with using these programs. I just need to know how to merge the name into the split monogram which is a dfx file. If it was as svg file know how to combine the them but it seems it can't be done in inkscape as a dfx file. I'm going try to figure out how to do it in Fusion 360.
CadyRidah
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by CadyRidah »

I just figured out how to do in it in Autodesk Fusion 360. The text had to be exploded first and then fix/unfix to change the letters from green to blue to be able to trim off the top and bottom of the name to combine both sides of the split monogram.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Fusion isn't the easiest for this type of work but glad you figured it out and appreciate you posting back with the solution :Like

Return to “Fusion 360 & AutoCAD Forum”