Need some advice from experienced table users.

General software related questions should be posted here.
jdneal88
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need some advice from experienced table users.

Post by jdneal88 »

I've ordered a GOFAB CNC 4x8 table that comes with a tablet that you just upload g code to from usb or computer connection.
Where I'm running into questions is software to use to convert .jpg to .svg/g code. GO FAB had tutorials on using Inkscape and I've been playing with it quite a bit but it seems to miss alot in the tracing function. I looked into vectormagic and have no issue buying if thats the best option. Also looked into sheetcam which I will buy if that is also the best/easiest option. I've read about so much software my eyes are bleeding. I don't mind buying a one time software but don't care for a subscription based software. Also looked into solid edge 2D for drawing parts.

I've ordered a PUMA TN-5080VM two stage low rpm air compressor. Lowest priced low motor speed I could find. ($1550 delivered) also ordered the sharpe 6760 3 stage air filter, and am building a homemade water trap like I've seen many examples of on here. I plan on running through the 1/2 tubing homemade water trap and installing a Tee to run the rest of my shop and only using the sharpe for plasma cutter or if I need good air for painting and such. I read where 1/2 tubing is good for over 20 cfm up to 25-30ft then you need 3/4. Is it stupid to install 3/4 from the Tee after the 1/2 tubing to run 60 or so ft to rest of shop? It makes sense on the charts but I have a mental block on doing it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210115-135504_Chrome.jpg
20210114_174104.jpg
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need some advice from experienced table users.

Post by acourtjester »

Hi
I use Inkscape almost exclusively for converting jpg images then save them as SVG or DXF to import into SheetCam. I have a library of Tutorials for Inkscape the I can give you a link for the Google drive for you to download. Once you get the hang of tracing it becomes very useful. SheetCam is very widely used and the auto update keep it clean of bugs with no limit on any of the upgrades. I also have tutorials on the Google drive for the too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
jdneal88
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jdneal88 »

acourtjester wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:37 pm Hi
I use Inkscape almost exclusively for converting jpg images then save them as SVG or DXF to import into SheetCam. I have a library of Tutorials for Inkscape the I can give you a link for the Google drive for you to download. Once you get the hang of tracing it becomes very useful. SheetCam is very widely used and the auto update keep it clean of bugs with no limit on any of the upgrades. I also have tutorials on the Google drive for the too.
I would appreciate the links for sure, thanks for jumping on here with this information. I'll go ahead and get sheetcam.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

PM sent have fun
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “General Discussion”