Failed to ping host port not ready/TCP connection not established

General software related questions should be posted here.
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Failed to ping host port not ready/TCP connection not established

Post by DARRYL21270 »

I seem to be having a problem connecting to my Command n Cut Software. TCP connection not established. My table isn't making the connection between my laptop and machine. Port not ready. It keeps telling me that this app can't run on my pc and I should check with the software manufacturer. I've reached out to Tracker on several occasions but no one gets back to me or they do and when I call back it always goes to their prerecorded message. I can't cut anything and I don't have the technical know how to repair this myself. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before. Failed to ping host port not ready.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Failed to ping host port not ready/TCP connection not established

Post by WyoGreen »

It sounds like your Ethernet ports are not talking. It could be the Ethernet cable connecting the 2 ports, or the ports themselves may not be talking. You can ping the machine from the laptop, but you need to know its Ethernet address. Easiest thing to do would be to unplug and re-plug the Ethernet cable and try to run again. If that doesn't work, then you could replace the cable. They are easy to find, but there are a couple of different ways to wire the cable, so you have to get the same kind of cable. If you can get the Ethernet address, then we can walk thru the "pinging" process, it is easy to do.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

Thanks,
I will give it a try and see if that works.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

There is a free program called Angry IP Scanner that you run on you PC it will list all the IP address that the PC sees.
You can see my PC and router in the scan image it does 255 locations.
IP scanner.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Tom - thanks for sharing that. I just downloaded/installed it and ran it. It came up with my two computers and my 4-port modem, but did not show the IP address of my other wi-fi modem that is physically plugged into my 4-port modem. I'm not sure if the wi-fi modem is considered on a "sub-level" where it does not show up. I know my wi-fi modem does have an IP address ending in 3.1. and does work, because that is what I use to go online with my Ipad.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Hi David not sure but it could have a different addressing scheme, I have one WIFI modem and I can see 2 3-d printers, standard printer and the wife's notepad.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Thanks Tom! I will look it over again - perhaps there is a setting I am missing.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

David when you ran Angry IP was the other WIFI modem powered on, Here is mine with other equipment on it then sees them.
angry IP 2.JPG
angry IP 2.JPG (27.96 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Tom - yes the other wi-fi modem was powered on. I use it to connect my Ipad and other remote portable devices. But even with one of them connected (the Ipad in this case) I don't even see this wi-fi modem on the list. It (the w-fi modem) is plugged into my main 4 port modem that I use for my computers here in the office. So maybe it can only see the first level of devices plugged into the main 4 port modem.
David
ip address of devices.jpg
ip address of devices.jpg (26.14 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I'm running on empty on this one maybe you could Google or YouTube for a tutorial on Angry IP Scanner. That may supply answers, or maybe a change in the scan functions for a bigger search.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

DARRYL21270 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:45 pm I seem to be having a problem connecting to my Command n Cut Software. TCP connection not established. My table isn't making the connection between my laptop and machine. Port not ready. It keeps telling me that this app can't run on my pc and I should check with the software manufacturer. I've reached out to Tracker on several occasions but no one gets back to me or they do and when I call back it always goes to their prerecorded message. I can't cut anything and I don't have the technical know how to repair this myself. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before. Failed to ping host port not ready.
Are you installing a new computer or is this the computer you have been using and it recently developed a connection issue?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:29 am I'm running on empty on this one maybe you could Google or YouTube for a tutorial on Angry IP Scanner. That may supply answers, or maybe a change in the scan functions for a bigger search.
OK Tom - thanks for your help. I will need to do some more research as you suggest.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Let us know if something interesting is found.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:31 pm Let us know if something interesting is found.
Will do.
David
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

All fixed. Turns out the cable running from my gantry to my motherboard was bad and needed to be replaced. $300 now i'm having problems with my z axis stepper motor, my torch isn't going up or down. I ordered a new one but it was bad so for now i pulled the cog wheel and wired my torch a few mm from the surface and its working out until i can fix it properly.

Thanks
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

DARRYL21270 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:59 pm All fixed. Turns out the cable running from my gantry to my motherboard was bad and needed to be replaced. $300 now i'm having problems with my z axis stepper motor, my torch isn't going up or down. I ordered a new one but it was bad so for now i pulled the cog wheel and wired my torch a few mm from the surface and its working out until i can fix it properly.

Thanks
That was one expensive cable! Sorry to hear that your z motor went bad. But that is ok for now to cut at a fixed height. The early Langmuir Crossfire tables worked the same way since they didn't offer torch height control then. You can use a gauge block or thin piece of metal to measure your torch cut height. For the Hypertherm cut height is usually around 0.060" (1.5 mm). One of the downsides is that since you are piercing at the same distance as your cut height, your consumables won't last as long. But at least you are up and cutting. Good luck!
David
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

DARRYL21270 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:59 pm All fixed. Turns out the cable running from my gantry to my motherboard was bad and needed to be replaced. $300 now i'm having problems with my z axis stepper motor, my torch isn't going up or down. I ordered a new one but it was bad so for now i pulled the cog wheel and wired my torch a few mm from the surface and its working out until i can fix it properly.

Thanks
Uh oh. Sounds like your digging yourself into a hole or someone is digging it for you. A TCP connection issue will have nothing to do with the cable from the gantry to your motherboard (by motherboard I assume you mean your gantry control board and not the computer motherboard). Now you have replaced the gantry cable and the Z all of a sudden doesn't work? Sounds like the new Z axis problem may be in the gantry cable you just replaced. Keep throwing money at it I guess, I have tried to help but no response to my question above on the original issue.

Return to “General Discussion”