Table manufacturers that come standard with flashcut

General software related questions should be posted here.
Fehringiron
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Table manufacturers that come standard with flashcut

Post by Fehringiron »

I'm in the process of shopping for a new or used table and In my research I was given a sample of the flashcut or at least wescotts version the software. Being new to cnc and a cad rookie I found it simple and very intuitive to use. So to get to the point im wondering are there any other table manufacturers come standard with flashcut what are my options? Thanks in advance.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Table manufacturers that come standard with flashcut

Post by tcaudle »

Flashcut is not just software. It's a complete control system including their specific THC hardware. Their CAD/CAM part will generate G-Codes, but you need to research what POSTS it has for other hardware besides theirs. So you have to ask how MUCH of the Flashcut system is the vendor using and what hardware is on the backside There are several members here that have retrofitted their older tables with a full Flashcut system (that includes not only the software but the hardware). It's the CONTROL piece of the "triad" that is in question. I am sure Flashcut can direct you to their OEM table builders.
Desertdog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Desertdog »

As a table owner that has retrofitted their controls let me give you my 2 cents. I removed the Candcnc system that came with my Starlab table after a year of miserable service and support. I retrofitted the table to Westcott's Design2cut system, yes it is a version of Flashcut with their matrix. Call it whatever you want, it has worked great, reliable, Intuitive and easy to use with plenty of features. The construction, fit and finish of the components, wiring etc. clearly stand out when put next to the Candcnc package. The system is more expensive which is why the majority of the under 20K table builders use the Candcnc components. Software and support are everything. I believe the Westcott Titan series with the D2C controls is the best deal out there at this time. I learned a very expensive lesson that I already knew the answer to, "you get what you pay for".
Westcott Retro 5x10
Design2Cut software, CAD, CAM, CUT, all in one program.
Hypertherm 45XP
Champion 2 stage compressor, 7.5 HP motor, 15 HP pump (QUIET!),
80 gallon tank, auto tank drain, mag starter, after cooler.
25.8 CFM@175
Kbmorgan
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Kbmorgan »

I agree with desertdog, candcnc controls are terrible or at least they were for me, support was non existent. I just ordered Westcott’s design2cut with Westcott’s z axis. I’m expecting everything this week. I hope I like the new setup.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

I started off with Candcnc controls, the old MP3000 & DTHC (brings back fond memories of my first system).

I got spooked when I bought the first remote pendant they did. When the pendant software was installed, there was this problem that several people had where the table gantry would suddenly lurch. It was damn scary. Some members returned their pendant for troubleshooting, but all I ever seen was the problem could not be reproduced back at Candcnc.

So I basically never used the pendant. Pity because it's features were the ducks nuts, but not so good I'd be willing to have my gantry lurching about unexpectedly.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

I guess I'm the exception. I've got a CandCNC Ethercut system and have had really good luck. Tom was helpful when I was having issues with my DTHC. Ordered a new board and sent my old one in for repair. They even called me to let me know what had happened to it.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)

Return to “General Discussion”