Inkscape and...Torchmate?

General software related questions should be posted here.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Inkscape and...Torchmate?

Post by ben de lappe »

Hello everyone! Been working with cad a while now, very old school and those familiar with me will know scan/trace isn't my style, I'm a node by node guy, but I wanted to mention a way I have used Inkscape to scan simple images of good resolution in order to pull into Torchmate cad and produce a quality .dxf without the broken lines and accompanying nightmare. I see where a lot of people report issues with Inkscape generating a nice clean .dxf, my way around this is after I perform the scan I "save as" .eps (encapsulated post script) and pull into Torchmate cad (or possibly other cad programs?), open the .eps using the .pdf filter and bam...nice clean file. As stated, old school here...just my way to do something certainly doesn't mean it's the best nor fastest just never seen this method mentioned previously.
Also unsure whether to post in TM or Inkscape forum, so General it is :-D

Have a great one guys!
Last edited by ben de lappe on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Inkscape and...Torchmate?

Post by acourtjester »

The important thing is you sharing a way that has been successful getting to a useable result. Half the battle is where to start, I'm sure this info will help many. Seeing the work you have posted shows it works very well for you. :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “General Discussion”