TD CM 52 THC settings

General software related questions should be posted here.
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

TD CM 52 THC settings

Post by TexasCNC »

I have home built cnc table running with linuxcnc v2.9 with plamaC and I cant seem to get the settings correct on the cuts all the mteal I cut from 16g to 14g and 10g it gives me bevel edges. My air is dry the consumables are new I ran drag and standoff tips and I also have the new black electrodes and still cant find the sweet spot. I tried cutting with charts settings but the voltages on there are kind of high is this because you its decided if you have a interface board with divider? I currently have Proma 150 and hooked up directly to get raw voltage no interface board. I put the voltage for 14g at 88V to 94V and its cuts it ok but still get have bevel edges. I would think if running at higher voltages for example 111V wouldnt the Z axis move further away from the work piece? I have stand off and delay and all per charts settings. And the consumable life on my machine are bad I am using the hand torch. IS there anybody out there using this THC (Proma) and share their settings? I am currently using 40amp tips 8208 shield cup 8237 cap 8243 and running at 75 psi 10G ran it 75ipm and thc 84V got bevel edges bad on 14g i ran 160ipm THC 94V and the bevel is still there. Any help
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: TD CM 52 THC settings

Post by plasmanewbie »

What plasma cutter are you using? How do you know your air is dry? I have learned that having a filter or dryer doesn't mean your air is actually dry or dry enough.

Eliminate the THC and do some straight line test cuts setting the height manually and measuring with feeler gauges. Cut at different heights from .030-.100 and see what provides the best results.

Some pics of your cuts may help to determine if your too high or too low.
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TexasCNC »

I am using a thermal dynamics cut master 52.. I use the same air hose to paint and been painting a bunch of stuff and dont seem to be getting water in my sprays. I have my air supply plumbed with water traps and about 3 filter 2 with desiccant filter and dryer. I will try and see if I can get some pictures of my cuts. I am cutting on a water table would the water splashing up to torch be causing this?
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

bevel?

Are you using the correct cut direction?

https://www.hypertherm.com/Download?fil ... &zip=False
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TexasCNC »

Yes the bevel and the consumable life will the water table cause this? And as far as cut direction I think its cutting counter clock wise now that i remember. I will have to look at sheetcam to see but I remember correctly I think the torch was moving counter clockwise when cutting the squares and circles.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

clockwise outside cut (part / profile)

anticlockwise for an inside cut (hole)
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TexasCNC »

Is that just for holes on the counter clockwise or any interior cut?
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

if the torch is going away from you, good side always on the right.... so anything to the right of the cut is good.... anything on the left is waste or dropout..... it will just have more bevel on the left
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TexasCNC »

Let me try cutting some designs and see if that helps
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TexasCNC »

Got it figured out the cut direction fixed the problem and man what a difference it made cuts are way better and minimal dross as well comes off easy. I was doubting the plasma cutter but I am glad I kept at it. Thanks a lot for the tips on this!
Attachments
A7BDE2E0-B27B-4C76-BEEE-21B072BC1CC3.jpeg
53B3AFBF-97D2-471A-8A82-8EB49670675B.jpeg

Return to “General Discussion”