Advice on CommandCNC

General software related questions should be posted here.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Advice on CommandCNC

Post by OTHill »

Jus t had to send off my old Blade runner DTH2 for the CommandCNC upgrade. A few questions to those that have gone through this. How difficult a project is it ? Are the old motor tuning settings the same? Any advice for a 73 year old? I'm looking at the 103 pg. instruction manual and almost giving up. How do you sort out what parts of it are needed and what not. So much of it describes how it works and I would be very happy with it just working. I don't have a degree in electronics. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
TJS

Re: Advice on CommandCNC

Post by TJS »

I kind of went the same route as you but I never even got so far as taking my Mach setup and UBOB out of the box. While I was building my table CommandCNC came out, so I sent my unit it for a conversion. I think I was one of the first or second to send my unit in a get the CommandCNC upgrade DTH4, etc. There were quite a few obstacles, FT01 wiring for Probe and backup of the Z home switch. What you need to make sure is you have the most current updates loaded from their website and the hub utility one as well, post processor too. I did call Command CNC for support as I had a license issue naming convention that was different and it was quickly resolved. Their forum is pretty good too. I am sure Tom will be here shortly to respond as I cannot speak coming from Mach for motor tuning and such but that is all done in the configurator. The calculation formula is the same for the steps per inch. Good luck post your progress.

Return to “General Discussion”