UCCNC Software help

General software related questions should be posted here.
Cameronj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

UCCNC Software help

Post by Cameronj »

Im needing some assistance please reinstalling the program, i have the startup file however i dont seem to be putting the license number and profiles in the correct place. After a clean install i hope the original problem i was chasing is also gone! Thanx
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: UCCNC Software help

Post by acourtjester »

I have been working on a new install of a UCCNC 400ETH, there 2 screensets setup_1.2111 and 1.2112 they look completely different. The License need to be in the main folder where the install puts the software. there is a file called UCCNClicense but that is not the one, you should have another file named UCCNC license_XXX, the XXX is the serial number and this was sent to you via email, this needs to be copied to the installed folder. When I installed mine it had 2 profiles (default and plasma), the package needs to hooked up with power when you start the software so it can see the serial number or it will start in the DEMO mode. I also needed another file called UCxxx_utility to be run during the install the manual shows how to do these things.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Cameronj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cameronj »

acourtjester thank you for that information i was able to get it reinstalled with your advice. i am still having issues with my table though it appears to have lost some parameters or something. the torch touches down to start cutting and either basically slowly goes straight up slowly like a rocket or begins its path and starts to bounce the torch basically off the table eventually digging it in and trying to bend it off the mount. any ideas?
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I would reduce the velocity of the Z axis, When I setup mine it found I could move the axis much faster then I could before. That was not a good thing, I ended up going back to the setting I had when using Mach 3 motor control values. It seems like the software developers have setting you cannot change like the differences between the Z homing speed (going down ) and the retrace speed (G0 wide open). by changing the velocity (and acceleration) you can adjust the retract (up) speed. For testing use the jog fly out menu and set the jog to 100.
screen10.JPG
screen10.JPG (78.66 KiB) Viewed 404 times
screen11.jpg
screen11.jpg (64.67 KiB) Viewed 404 times
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Cameronj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cameronj »

@ACOURTJESTER I just want to say thankyou! You have been very helpful with messages and emails and have been patient while i relearn. Thanku for going out of your way. I couldnt even find some one to pay to help me and you wont even let me pay you! Thanx buddy!
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

You are welcome, I find I learn as I help finger thing out :Yay Just returning for the help other have given me :Like
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill

Return to “General Discussion”