EZ CUT 5x10 (should I buy?)

General software related questions should be posted here.
Gerscon1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

EZ CUT 5x10 (should I buy?)

Post by Gerscon1 »

Hey all! Im new to the cnc community and looking to buy.
I have a background in CAD, as well as am a controls/automation tech for a gas pipeline, so I'm well versed in working on automated equipment.

Locally there's a 2012 ezcut 5x10 table for sale with a hypertherm 65. It's in great shape, and I've seen it operate, and appears to have low hours on the unit. Comes turn key.

To my understanding, this table, it's software, and its hardware is no longer supported as ezcut has completely dried up and gone away. I also have gotten the impression that machitech is not affiliated with these tables, and therefor not a sorce either.

The table is fairly cheap, I think I could pick it up for 8 or less, but my concern is if parts fail, I'm looking at retrofitting this table with different hardware and software? If so, I'm fairly un educated in that process at this time, though would be happy to learn for a good deal.

What's yall's opinion on this? I have very little experience, and would like the opinion of those more qualified than I.

I'll attach pictures of the table.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220704-191851_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220705-163923_Facebook.jpg
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: EZ CUT 5x10 (should I buy?)

Post by weldguy »

That's a great deal for 8k regardless. I believe they were manufactured by Machintech and rebranded. If you are mechanically inclined I would have no issue with buying that as I suspect if any problems arose in the future you would be able to resolve them somehow. Worst case scenario you retrofit a new control system to it in the future but it likely will have already made you a pile of money.

Return to “General Discussion”